Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    That is fucking nuts. I need to get this DVD. I love behind the scenes type stuff.

That's why all the "making of" parts that was just some loser in front of a PC for the Episode 1 DVD was so =/
    CG is fine, but a little ingenuity with physical effects is always appreciated. Seeing the prop scanner open up for real was pretty impressive.

Another cool segment on The One DVD is when they showed you how they conceived some of the action scenes...first they would storyboard them, then they would make little movies using action figures hanging on strings like puppets (done up like the cast) to plan out the scene. Watching the motorcycle squish scene re-enacted with action figures was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 24 Sep 2004 at 03:23 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by IMDB
    Paramount's Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which cost $70 million to make, slid to second place in its second week with just $6.7 million, down 57 percent, bringing its two-week total to $26 million.
    Flop.

It'll probably clean up on DVD, though. That's where most movies make they money nowadays.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Well, I didnt expected it to make any money. Its just not your typical comicbook/action flick, no matter if you consider it good or bad.