Thread: Increasing my bandwidth.

Increasing my bandwidth.

I've got a crappy crappy crappy linksys wireless network set up at my house courtesy of my parents. It runs counter-strike not at all. And yet, maybe it's the cable service itself, now being split between three computers?

Here's where I need help. Do you think the router rather than the service is limiting my .... data rate?

How can I increase my badnwidth with cable, if I so desired in the future? I don't deal with this shit. I don't know if it's possible. I saw a mention of increasing bandwidth in some article.

PALZ HALP LOLZ! Seriously. Thanks.

2. http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Try grabbing TCP Optimizer, see if that helps

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    How can I increase my badnwidth with cable, if I so desired in the future? I don't deal with this shit. I don't know if it's possible. I saw a mention of increasing bandwidth in some article.
    Most ways of getting more bandwidth either cost money or will get you kicked off the cable modem network when the cable co finds out.

You can optimize the connection, and check to make sure someone isnt jumping on your wi-fi and kazzaing your connection to hell.

www.dslreports.com is you best resource out there too, see if anyone has posted about speeds in your area..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    I've got a crappy crappy crappy linksys wireless network set up at my house courtesy of my parents. It runs counter-strike not at all. And yet, maybe it's the cable service itself, now being split between three computers?

Here's where I need help. Do you think the router rather than the service is limiting my .... data rate?

PALZ HALP LOLZ! Seriously. Thanks.
    are you using a hub or router? sharing a connection with 3 systems you pretty much NEED a router or the connection WILL suffer across all 3. if you are using a router then your setting have to be off. i mean does it "not at all" play CS but the internet works fine or what?

getting pc help usually means giving a lot more info.

<sigh> The internet works fine, but CS is unplayable. Two steps frozen on every server. and I never remembered that many servers being crappy. I haven't cared for a while but I'm starting to get back into it. What kind of info do you need?

When I get home I'll try the tcp optimizer. Thanks, cka.

6. Wireless b or g? I'd run a hardwire for the computer in the DMZ. And yeah, WPA that network so that nobody's joining it.