Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Buy 2 get 1 free- Hot new Info!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    If you have even half a brain and some money in the bank you will take advantage of this like so:

1) Get FIRM confirmation that it is, in fact, happening on the 27th of October.
    2) Go to TRU on the 25th or 26th and buy all the games you want (in sets of 3), use cash. DON'T OPEN THEM.
    3) Go back when the sale starts, bring your games back to the returns section and get your money back for every third game. Just have them re-ring the same transactions.

You get all the games that would have sold out, you don't have to deal with the crowds AND you still spend the same amount as if you went on the 27th. I am through with going to TRU after work to find the college kids have gotten every game worth getting.

Plan ahead, that's the way to go.

PS: Don't use a credit card for this as the transaction will take FOREVER to cancel.
    Pure genius! I will be doing this. Thanks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Don't they usually say that the deal was a credit and not a price change, so they won't give you the money back?
    Is that how it works, Mog?

We usually allow it at my store.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Cool there are a few games I want so this should work nicely, I'll try the day before thing sounds good... hey even if they refuse you could always return all 3 and just rebuy them for the deal if they are unopened of course

4. Another "trick" I have used (last year during the same sale) is to plan out all the releases coming out within the 30 days after the sale. I will buy that many games at the "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" and stack them at home unopened with gift receipts taped to each. As the new titles I want are released, I return the ones I bought for the new releases. This way I can get most of the November releases at "Buy 2 Get 1 Free".

--------------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Marvel Ultimate Alliance (XBox 360), Civilization IV (PC)
    --------------------------------------

5. Is this deal going to happen in Canada? I don't see why it wouldn't but I want to get Star Wars: Battlefront, X-Men Legends and Burnout 3.. and I could wait if it's only a couple weeks away.

6. Apparently on the 17th, the deal will be for GC and GBA, and on the 24th, ps2 and xbox.

Which sucks for me, because there's nothing on GC I want other than Paper Mario 2, and nothing worth getting 2 of for 1 free on ps2 / xbox by the time the 24th rolls around (I'll either own it, or TRU most likely won't have it).

BAH!
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. Damn that sucks! I planned on getting DOA:U for XB, Burnout 3 for XB, and Pikmin2 for the GC. This shoots that plan all to hell...
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

8. SHIT! We got next weeks ad (17th) in today and no hot buy 2 get 1 free deals. Hopefully its the week after.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

9. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog007
    SHIT! We got next weeks ad (17th) in today and no hot buy 2 get 1 free deals. Hopefully its the week after.
    That fills me with hope that all VGs at TRU, regardless of system, will be part of the deal. I'll be a little pissed if the deal doesn't pan out in two weeks though. I've been holding off getting Burnout 3 because of this...
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

10. I just realized GTA S comes out that week. Now I have no excuse not to buy it.....thats if this deal is happening. I know in my store I have been getting a shitload of extra games in the last week or so. So something is going to happen.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle