Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Buy 2 get 1 free- Hot new Info!

1. TRU Buy 2 get 1 free- Hot new Info!

Hey, I'm hitting you up with another awesome deal, but it may or may not be cemented right now.

Rumor has it TRU is running the buy 2 get 1 free deal on all the major systems starting October 27th.

So if there's anything you're looking at, but not too sure on getting, SAVE YOUR MONEY until this sale.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 08 Oct 2004 at 02:02 AM.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. Woo hoo!

I will be spending a wad of cash on this. I missed out the last time.

3. Fantastic, I'll be bankrupt by the end of the year at this rate.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Holy shit. I haven't bought a new console game since R-Type Final, so I am going to clean up on this.

5. If you have even half a brain and some money in the bank you will take advantage of this like so:

1) Get FIRM confirmation that it is, in fact, happening on the 27th of October.
    2) Go to TRU on the 25th or 26th and buy all the games you want (in sets of 3), use cash. DON'T OPEN THEM.
    3) Go back when the sale starts, bring your games back to the returns section and get your money back for every third game. Just have them re-ring the same transactions.

You get all the games that would have sold out, you don't have to deal with the crowds AND you still spend the same amount as if you went on the 27th. I am through with going to TRU after work to find the college kids have gotten every game worth getting.

Plan ahead, that's the way to go.

PS: Don't use a credit card for this as the transaction will take FOREVER to cancel.

6. Any word of this using Amazon.com's Toys R Us like last year? Thats what I used and I picked up Kingdom Hearts (Yay!), Splinter Cell (Yay!) and ZOE2 (Biggest mistake ever!).
    Play Guitar Hero //

7. DAMNIT! I've known about this for a month now. Why I never posted it is beyond me. Anyways heres the deal. I dont know exactly what systems for sure are buy 2 get 1 free and I think the sale starts on the 17th not the 27th. More info when we officially get the ads in store.(week in advance)
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    If you have even half a brain and some money in the bank you will take advantage of this like so:

1) Get FIRM confirmation that it is, in fact, happening on the 27th of October.
    2) Go to TRU on the 25th or 26th and buy all the games you want (in sets of 3), use cash. DON'T OPEN THEM.
    3) Go back when the sale starts, bring your games back to the returns section and get your money back for every third game. Just have them re-ring the same transactions.

You get all the games that would have sold out, you don't have to deal with the crowds AND you still spend the same amount as if you went on the 27th. I am through with going to TRU after work to find the college kids have gotten every game worth getting.

Plan ahead, that's the way to go.

PS: Don't use a credit card for this as the transaction will take FOREVER to cancel.
    Don't they usually say that the deal was a credit and not a price change, so they won't give you the money back?
    Is that how it works, Mog?

9. I have done this before and gotten my money back as long as the games were unopened.