Thread: Barnes & Noble's "Classic Manga" releases

1. Barnes & Noble's "Classic Manga" releases

Barnes & Noble and Dark Horse have teamed up to rerelease some hardcover, B&N-exclusive editions of some of their books, I found out while browsing the local store last night. All I saw was the first volume of Akira and Trigun (Trigun I would be hesitant to christen as 'classic'...), I tried searching their site for more info but searching by 'classic manga' brought up pretty much every manga.

Best thing about these is, following suit to other B&N classic editions, they are cheap. Cheaper than the softcovers. Akira v.1 is only $14.99, which is $10 less than the softcover releases, and Trigun v.1 is $11.99, $3 less. The Akira one has a new cover image, which looks absolutely fantastic. The only troubling thing is that there is no volume # denoted on the side, which raises a question as to whether all the volumes will recieve this treatment, or whether they're only doing the first to suck people in... if so, boo-urns. All 6 volumes of HC editions of Akira lined up would look classy as hell.

2. Those are exclusive to our store? Heh, I saw them, thought they looked nice for the price and didn't really look much more into it.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

3. Guess that explains why I found a Trigun Hardcover there. Hell I didn't think much of it and put it back on the shelf.

4. I really hate that place. It's prices are sky high, they have a limited selection towards the newer material, and their music selection cuts off due to limited downloads.

I miss boarders.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"