Thread: 24 - Season 4 - First official details and plot description

1. 24 - Season 4 - First official details and plot description

"Fox has released details of the first episode of the fourth season of "24" over at Mediasharx and finally some details about this 'slimmed down' new season have been revealed. Coming off a solid but somewhat disappointing third year, Fox has revived the show a bit by leaving only Kiefer Sutherland as the main regular returning this time around whilst much of the cast has been restaffed.

Much like several shows this upcoming season such as "Alias", "24" will air all 24 episodes in a row, with no breaks and no repeats between new episodes. The first two premiere with back-to-back episodes on January 3rd at 8pm.

Season Four begins 18 months after the third season and at 7am. CTU is now headed by Erin Driscoll (Alberta Watson), a steely government agent who made firing Jack one of her first priorities upon taking over.

After the explosion of a commuter train, Jack, who is now working for Secretary of Defense James Heller (William Devane) and also is romantically involved with his married daughter, Audrey (Kim Raver), suddenly finds himself heading back to CTU for a meeting with Driscoll on Heller's behalf.

Also starring are Nestor Serrano (The Day After Tomorrow) as Middle Eastern businessman Navi Araz, Oscar-nominated actress Shohreh Aghdashloo ("House of Sand & Fog") as his wife, Dina, and Jonathan Ahdout ("House of Sand & Fog")) as their son, Behrooz."

Well, I am still a fan of the show, even after dissapointing Season 3. Good to have Jack back, and after they pussied out Palmer, good to see him gone.

I will keep my expectations low, to be not dissapointed, but 24 still is pretty much the only tv show that I regularly tune it to watch (other than Hawai, but I am afraid it will get canceled soon enough )

2. Actually, a clean slate is probably the best approach for Season 4 -- everyone but Jack was pretty much played out. If nothing else, it eliminates the now-anticipated double-double-cross from the usual suspects.

I agree that Season 3 was on the weak side, but I'll tune in for Season 4, especially if it gets off to a good start (and I expect it will -- Kiefer can still deliver).
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

3. after the first few episodes of season 3 i just stopped watching, it just seemed like more of whats already gone on, and just a story that didnt capture me at all, hopefuly this clean slate in casting will help for a more believeable story.