Thread: Bard's Tale

1. Bard's Tale

Bard's Tale is coming. Anyone excited, or is the license too old to be interesting?
    No gnus is good gnus.

2. Too old to be updated in any meaningful way. aka, cash in for nostalgias sake!

So, yes!
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

3. I remember playing one of these games back in the day and being totally and completely bored out of my mind.

4. The Bard's Tale was great for it's time, but they would have to do a complete overhaul of the combat system, for the game to be any good. I'm sure they will do something about that though.

My interest is still peaked, to find out what they will do with this one.

It's using the same engine as Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest, which itself is an enhanced version of the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance engine. That should be a good enough reason to keep your eye on this one.
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

6. Bard's Tale was the first RPG I ever played way back in the C-64 days....1985 or 86 if I remember right.

Fun game...but the dungeons kicked my ass at the time.

7. For those of you truly eating from the nostalgia cake, do a search for Devil Whiskey. It's a modern Bards Tale remake, recently released.
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

8. Quote Originally Posted by Victrix
    For those of you truly eating from the nostalgia cake, do a search for Devil Whiskey. It's a modern Bards Tale remake, recently released.
    Oh that's indeed special news. Bard's Tale kicked serious butt. The dunegeons were hard as hell though. I remember playing it along with Ultima (they even shared a similarities, such as the town's name in BT being Skara Brae). Too bad it's simply just Diablo-esque/Gauntlet style but it still should be very good. Can they succesfully resurrect Bard's Tale? We'll see.