Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firewall and online gaming...

1. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    also, while i was on holiday, i was sharing a wireless internet connection on my laptop, and i noticed that programs such as kazaa and bittorents would download faster on the main PC(the one with the wired DSL connection) as opposed to my laptop that was using a wireless connection through an access point. is this the kind of thing you're talking about?
    mzo, lock, please

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    mzo, lock, please
    Quiet, you.

Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    also, while i was on holiday, i was sharing a wireless internet connection on my laptop, and i noticed that programs such as kazaa and bittorents would download faster on the main PC(the one with the wired DSL connection) as opposed to my laptop that was using a wireless connection through an access point. is this the kind of thing you're talking about?
    Not really. ICS is when you have 2 network cards in one PC (my mobo came with 2 anyway) and use one to connect to the innernet, and the other to connect to another PC and then share the connection. That sucks and is horribly slow.

What exactly is your setup at home, anyway? I'm starting to get confused about how everything is hooked up over there.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    mzo, lock, please
    You're such a dick.