Thread: I love game sprites

1. I love game sprites

here is a little bit I am working at for a project here at home. It is me, more or less.

here is a linked version

and the page itself

http://www.deviantart.com/view/10964960/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map sprite 6 inches.gif 
Views:	213 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	11900  
    Only you can stop sig pollution.

2. It's interesting. When you say "it's me", do you mean like a self-portrait? Does it look like you, or more like "my essence as a character"? I think it would be hard to manipulate as a sprite though...but perhaps it's more conceptual than practical.

What is in the character's left hand? I see maybe...a mask? a shinguard? or maybe a magazine or newspaper of some sort? It's pretty unclear.

The hair is a little confusing too...there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the different tones. I'm assuming it's to look like highlighted hair, or the natural variations in hair tone, but it doesn't necessarily mesh with the anime-style hair.

3. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    It's interesting. When you say "it's me", do you mean like a self-portrait? Does it look like you, or more like "my essence as a character"? I think it would be hard to manipulate as a sprite though...but perhaps it's more conceptual than practical. .
    Actually, I mean it's me, Matt Barkoot, an easy mistake

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    What is in the character's left hand? I see maybe...a mask? a shinguard? or maybe a magazine or newspaper of some sort? It's pretty unclear..
    Actually it's a map, he just arrived at his new 'job'

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    The hair is a little confusing too...there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the different tones.....
    Ah, good! You get it.
    Only you can stop sig pollution.