Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 Us playing japanese titles

PS2 Us playing japanese titles

Yo,i was just wondering the quickest/easiest way to mod my ps2 for japanese play.or anything external that works just the same.i am sure there are mad threads of this so if you can point me in the right direction that would be illness. I saw the preorder for that Psikyo shooting collection vol.2 and i decided enough is enough. so any help would be greatly appreciated...and i will give you a cookie

JBNagis

2. honestly the best and easiest (for actually playing games) is to just go out and get your system chip modded

the DMS is probably the best chip on the market gives you the most options it also turns the PS2 into a region free DVD player

after that I would suggest a Magic, I have a Magic 3.1 in my system it's cheaper than the DMS and it doesnt do the region free dvd player thing but it's played every thing I've thrown at it yet and havent had any probs with it
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

cool thanks.i have a second gen system so is it going to have probs with that.or does it really matter.

JBNagis

4. Some older chips won't work with yours, like the magic 3.1 but it doesn't matter. I got a Messiah 2 installed on my second gen ps2 by Matt and it is great.

5. Have a first gen system with a DMS3 done by Matt, works fine and dandy. It's just a little more complex to install, so you need a talented chappie to do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenigata
    Have a first gen system with a DMS3 done by Matt, works fine and dandy. It's just a little more complex to install, so you need a talented chappie to do the work.
    Anyone you can refer me to brotha??

JBNagis

7. Um arent there boot discs to play import PS2 games on a USA PS2 (assuming you have a flip top mod)?

If there are, wouldnt the easiest way to play imports would be to simply get a new model US PS two (toploading , so no need for a flip top) and use those same boot discs)?

Would that worK?

8. I got a DMS3 in my PS2 and it is the best mod to get.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JetsToBrazil
    I got a DMS3 in my PS2 and it is the best mod to get.

can you play PS2 online(DNAS authentication) with the DMS3 chip?

10. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis
    Anyone you can refer me to brotha??

JBNagis
    Why, Matt of course. Just look him up on the member list and send a pm or whatnot. His username's just "Matt."

can you play PS2 online(DNAS authentication) with the DMS3 chip?
    There's a "stealth" mode that lets the PS2 boot up as if there were no chip to get around this. I think some other chips have a similar feature too.

Um arent there boot discs to play import PS2 games on a USA PS2 (assuming you have a flip top mod)?

If there are, wouldnt the easiest way to play imports would be to simply get a new model US PS two (toploading , so no need for a flip top) and use those same boot discs)?

Would that worK?
    Not sure.. don't know much about the swap discs myself, only that there are certain games they don't play.