Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My computer won't animate gifs.

1. My computer won't animate gifs.

It really won't. It'll animate ones that I have on my hard drive already, but any I see on webpages or save to my hard drive now just won't animate. I may never see Hugo smack Elena's ass in Sl1p's sig.
    What could the problem be?
    Mind you, it's the same on IE and FireFox for me, now.

2. I had this problem myself a long while back...

I ended up nuking the system to fix other issues and the re-install fixed it.

You sure you didnt turn animation off in your browsers?
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

3. Two things: (1) Have you tried clearing your cache in both browsers?
    (2) Are you using Zone Alarm? If so, I saw this recently:
    Zone Alarm is the culprit! Failure to display animated gifs coincides with download of Zone Alarm update 5.0.590.043 a few days ago, but I failed connect the two events . Haven't experimented with Zone Alarm Security Settings yet, just determined animations work properly with the Firewall disabled .
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

4. Yeah, I do use Zone Alarm. Just updated a second time past that version, too. Why can't they fix a simple fucking problem like that?

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Shit, now I can't read Penny Arcade. The image doesn't even load.
    What the fuck?
    Thats Penny Arcades problem, not yours most likely.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Loads fine here and at my friends' house.
    Theyve been having problems lately with the comics loading

7. I'm still having this problem. I've updated Zone Alarm to the current version, and I'm sure they would've caught this problem if it was, indeed, their fault. Any other suggestions as to what could be doing this?
    It's almost as if the pictures won't load past the first frame.