Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ...and Sega said, "No Skies for you!"

1. Re: Re: ...and Sega said, "No Skies for you!"

Originally posted by Golgo 13

So just how reliable is your source?
    "Sega representatives"...from where? SOA or SOJ? We all know how "reliable" SOA is when it comes to info...

2. Originally posted by Gongos
    maybe they should just release the sequel and let the dc crowd have their treasure to themselves.
    It's called Shenmue - the original ain't goin' nowhere. DC owners also get the best (imho) versions of KoF '98, MotW, the only home 3rd Strike and VF3tb ports, the best and only home version of Soul Calibur, not to mention the sleeper classic Lodoss War. In retrospect, the DC was the fighting gamer's dream, in both 2D and 3D...

Skies was really great in so many areas, very derivative in others, but in the end it was a little too happy go lucky for me. I wanna see a real PStar sequel from Sega.
    -Kyo

3. Originally posted by StriderKyo
    In retrospect, the DC was the fighting gamer's dream, in both 2D and 3D...
    I do hope it didn't take you this long to figure that out.

4. Originally posted by StriderKyo

Skies was really great in so many areas, very derivative in others, but in the end it was a little too happy go lucky for me. I wanna see a real PStar sequel from Sega.
    Amen. If they port part four over to the GBA they should change the ending slightly to leave an opening for a sequel. Not gonna happen, but... yeah.

After a thousand years... Dark Force returns!

5. Originally posted by StriderKyo

It's called Shenmue - the original ain't goin' nowhere. DC owners also get the best (imho) versions of KoF '98, MotW, the only home 3rd Strike and VF3tb ports, the best and only home version of Soul Calibur, not to mention the sleeper classic Lodoss War. In retrospect, the DC was the fighting gamer's dream, in both 2D and 3D...

Don't count Shemnue 2 as a DC exclusive quite yet, I still think that game may be packaged with Xbox Shemnue 2, after both titles were originally to be one game.

As for Skies, there's a blurp in PSM this month saying the game was put back to TBA from a 2003 date. Perhaps Sega just didn't want to reprogram the entire game to run it's best on PS2, after all we've seen a quick DC to PS2 already of Grandia 2.

So is the GC version going to be neutered? Heard Sega wanted to gear it more to kids. *-neo

6. hmmm...

Sega drops the PS2 port, Sega is one of the companies behind TriForce, rumors of Sega leaving MS support...

Let the wild predictions begin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. Originally posted by Hero
    hmmm...

Sega drops the PS2 port, Sega is one of the companies behind TriForce, rumors of Sega leaving MS support...

Let the wild predictions begin!
    Sega is one of the companies behind Triforce, so we can easily rule that out...

8. ah, but I'm alluding to the possibility of a Nintendo/Sega partnership. Not bloody likely, but then again I would have never imagined Sonic on a Nintendo system when I was a kid so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Originally posted by Hero
    ah, but I'm alluding to the possibility of a Nintendo/Sega partnership. Not bloody likely, but then again I would have never imagined Sonic on a Nintendo system when I was a kid so...
    These days, it's very possible. I predict it's only a matter of time before we see Sonic vs Mario.

Remember, people once believed Capcom and SNK would never happen...

10. Originally posted by gamevet
    Sega is supposedly dropping support for X-Box after they finish all games in developement for the system
    LOL. Is this "internet message board rumor" a supposed fact now?! I highly, highly doubt Sega will be doing anything of the kind - not only have they had a business relationship with MS far longer than with Nin or Sony, but currently a slew of games are headed strait for the Xbox. So maybe thier first Xbox efforts haven't been huge sellers, there's still plenty more Sega love for the Xbox on the way. Sega's also big into online play, so logically the Xbox will go hand in hand with their plans. Certain Sega dev. houses seem to like the GameCube, it doesn't mean they all do.