Thread: The Coreland Thread

The Coreland Thread

I'm curious to know what Coreland's relationship was with Sega since every Coreland game I have ever seen says Coreland/Sega on it. I think they might be a Korean developer but I'm not sure. If anyone has any info about them, I would love to read it.

Anyways, the few Coreland games I have played were pretty cool.

My Hero is cheesy but classic stuff.

http://www.klov.com/S/Seishun_Scandal.html

4-D Warriors is a good shooter.

http://www.klov.com/0/4-D_Warriors.html

I haven't played any of their other games like SWAT(domestically released by Midway), Brain, Gardia or I'm Sorry.

Anyone played any Coreland games?

All Game Guide has some I'm Sorry screens.

I'm Sorry looks hilarious although I can't make out how it might play from looking at it. I'm surprised it came out domestically. It just looks like a Japan-only game.

4. Coreland's relationship with Sega was probably like that of Toaplan & Taito.

The SMS card version of My Hero is missing some levels. As an SMS game it should've gone on a 1-Mega cartridge.

SWAT isn't bad- it has some elements of Pengo & Robotron:2084 in the same game. You're pushing blocks off the screen while shooting at different aliens to stop them from linking a tunnel to your base. If they complete the tunnel, all hell breaks loose.

5. I'm Sorry got a US release? I must admit, I'm surprised. I thought it was arcade/Japan only. It's a pretty cool little game, although more playable for the weirdness facter than anything else. Not bad at all, though. Now that it's been mentioned I need to go dig it up and replay it. *coughMAMEcough*

James

The home version of My Hero is missing levels? Damn. Are those levels much different?