Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...and Sega said, "No Skies for you!"

1. ...and Sega said, "No Skies for you!"

http://www.gamesarefun.com/newspro/f...21656985,8343,

PS2 Skies of Arcadia Cancelled
    Sega announced today that the Playstation 2 port of the classic Dreamcast RPG, Skies of Arcadia (titled Eternal Arcadia in Japan) has been cancelled. No reasons were given for their decision.

The GameCube version of SoA is still planned for release later this year. Stay tuned for more.

Golgo 13 Guest
    i guess that sorta sucks...i mean, you should own a Dreamcast already, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

maybe now they'll use the resources that were put into the PS2 version to work on the GameCube version maybe supe of the craphics and not just make a straight port.

either way, for PS2 owners that were looking forward to this and for some insane reason don't own a Dreamcast, well...it would be cheaper to by a Dreamcast and a copy of Skies on it then the game alone on PS2.

3. It's to bad it was cancelled, because with less people that experience SoA, means less of a chance a sequel which I really, REALLY want...

*sniff*

4. Well, Skies of Arcadia is my favourite game ever... and I have no intention of buying a PS2, so this means that if there is a sequel it'll probably end up on GCN. So, in that respect this news makes me happy.

Originally posted by Golgo 13
    either way, for PS2 owners that were looking forward to this and for some insane reason don't own a Dreamcast, well...it would be cheaper to by a Dreamcast and a copy of Skies on it then the game alone on PS2.
    You haven't been pricing Dreamcasts latley, have you?

maybe supe of the craphics...
    My thoughts exactly.

Golgo 13 Guest
    Originally posted by 88mph
    You haven't been pricing Dreamcasts latley, have you?
    i've seen used Dreamcast for $30 at lots of stores, and Skies for $10.

if i didn't own a Dreamcast and wanted skies on PS2, then i'd get this. but then again, i don't think anyone has a excuse to not own a Dreamcast.

7. Not surprised, given that PS2 couldn't even do Grandia II properly.

Too bad for PS2-only owners though...IMO Skies makes FFX its bitch

8. This is a quiet tragedy.

However, taking the lackluster port of Grandia 2 into consideration, perhaps there were some technical problems with the port...? If so, it'd be a good thing that it was cancelled - a bad Skies port would do more damage than no Skies at all. Hopefully the Cube version will garner at least as much attention as the DC original did.

Skies of Arcadia is probably the most dazzling & charming game I've ever played.

Oh, ebworld.com has DC Skies for $20 new presently.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

i've seen used Dreamcast for $30 at lots of stores, and Skies for $10.
    Which stores? I haven't seen a DC for less that $50 and Skies usually goes for $15-$20.

10. Originally posted by 88mph

Which stores? I haven't seen a DC for less that $50 and Skies usually goes for $15-$20.
    My cheesy mother and father wannabe import game store over here sells DC's fer $20 a piece brand new. If you want one, look for those type of stores.

Besides, if you want SKies really badly, thats $50 for a DC and $20 max fer Skies. That'll be like $80something with tax tops. Thats quite cheap for one of the greatest systems ever and a crap rpg.