Thread: Bare Bones Video Card Recommendation a.k.a. my media center PC

1. Bare Bones Video Card Recommendation a.k.a. my media center PC

So I'm putting together a media center PC and I've got everything but a video card. All I need is for it to have s-video out. I'm only going to be watching videos and playing older emulators on the thing.

Anyone have a suggestion?
    Last edited by Timber; 06 Oct 2004 at 06:21 PM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-231&depa=0
    may work, assuming you don't care about good 3D capabilities.

3. That's actually perfect. Thanks dude.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

4. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    That's actually perfect. Thanks dude.
    No problem. Give everyone an update when you have your media center pc up and running, they are interesting projects.

5. Quote Originally Posted by 007bond
    Give everyone an update when you have your media center pc up and running, they are interesting projects.
    Will do, it'll be a little while though. I still need video, sound & firewire cards. And since I'm broke it may take some more time than it should. I've put together everything else from parts lying around my room. The case is a piece of junk too so I may try to find another at some point.

6. I use a Geforce 4 mx420 I got for free off someone for my HTPC...
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin