Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADV, Geneon and Funimation team up.

1. Puyo ADV, Geneon and Funimation team up.

Press release

They say the partnership is so they can focus on bringing high quality anime to kids and teens. I'm still wondering what other benifits and drawbacks this will have.

Does this mean Funimation will show the other 2 how to totally F up a series? Does this mean more cutting and censorship? Or does it mean let loose the flood gates Anime is coming?

2. Yeah, they'll need an alliance to handle that juggernaut.

Good thing Viz isn't part of this deal, otherwise we'd get saddled with the "3 eps per volume" limit...

3. I think it's Geneon buying both of them.

4. I don't see it as a matter of who does what best. All the U.S. publishers are good at what they do. Funimation somehow has the resources to cater to really long series that they can milk for prolonged periods (DB, DBZ, DBGT, Detective Conan and Yu Yu Hakusho) and ADV and Bandai are your everlasting supply of pop anime.

Geneon likes to pour its efforts into shows that they can easily release in a year - something in the 13-26 episode range. It's easy to digest and schedule, and they can do nifty things like pack nicer goodies for series that don't go too long. Something like Naruto wouldn't be a good target for Geneon, more something for Funimation or Bandai.

But of course, having the most money, as Geneon does, affords them better voice actors and overall production values.

I just wish they'd stop overusing Steve Blum/David Lucas.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    You know you love that machine's voice.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    Who have they voiced respectively?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Who have they voiced respectively?
    Same guy, different names.

Anyway, Steven Blum / David Lucas .

8. TOM-2 in "Toonami" (animation programming block)
    I FUCKING KNEW IT!