Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giant Robo coming to DVD!

1. this is great news, i will scrimp and skip some games, but im getting the ce box. And i agree, i will keep the vhs versions just for Ivan's history lesson in ep 2, that voice actor kicked all manner of ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

2. Picked this up shortly after Christmas, and I love every minute of it. I watched the new dub, the sub, and the original, horrifically hilarious sputnik7 dub as well. I've yet to listen to the commentaries, but regardless, this is a great release.

I didn't get Fogler's Eye, but maybe someday in the future when that fucker is cheaper. Anyone know when volume 2 hits?

3. NICE RECAP, BUT YOU FORGOT MY PART!
    THROW THIS SHIT AWAY!
    I HATE THIS THING!
    HAAAAAAAHMMMMMMMM!
    That original dub is PRICELESS. You guys were right.

4. I got the eye for christmas, am i being obtuse or is there no omake(the comical ginrei specials) episodes on the dvd?? And chao, you aint seen nothing yet, the original just rocked in every conceivable way, i still find myself quoting ivan. wait till the last episode, the acting actually gets more over the top when the bit players get introduced.

edit, just looked around, turns out they are releasing it on a fourth disc, for our patience they should have released each ginrei ep with the regular dvd's
    edit part deux: according to their website, the volume 2 is out, it contains eps 3-5. looks like i gotta start bugging the guys at the local saturday matinee. the eye demands to be filled vol 3 supposedly hits on 2-8-05, but i aint holding my breath mediablasters official website is pretty stingy with releas dates.
    Last edited by frostwolf ex; 13 Jan 2005 at 12:27 AM.
    Squall's a dick.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    NICE RECAP, BUT YOU FORGOT MY PART!
    THROW THIS SHIT AWAY!
    I HATE THIS THING!
    HAAAAAAAHMMMMMMMM!
    That original dub is PRICELESS. You guys were right.
    having just watched the new dub for the first time today, i have to say, watch the original dub ONLY! every name is pronounced differently, many names were changed entirely to foreshadow their powers far sooner than they were revealed in the manga releases..and disaku sounds even worse than the original dub actor. if you never saw it the first time the names wont bug you too mcuh, but i think the original is better, the over the top acting feels like a histrionic shakespearian drama, the new dub is ok, but just lacks the emotional punch, ivan's original vo alone jsutifies the choice of original over new.
    Squall's a dick.