Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: 7 bad mistakes that good mags make

1. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    The interview came out, I think, at the same time that GameDay was 3D and Madden was still 2D. Madden's marketing was using retarded terms like "v-polys" and "liquid AI" to try and make up for the obviously lacking technology.

By my recollection, that would've been the time GameDay 98 came out.
    This is correct.

During this same time, Flock was also spearheading EverQuest's release and dominance.

It was a good year.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Why is it just assumed that video game fans love anime and have to see reviews on it?

I mean, what next, cd and dvd reviews as well?
    *cough* Official PlayStation Magazine *cough*
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

3. You know what's great, is the new EGM promised "Grant Theft Auto: San Andreas exclusive coverage!"

I could have sworn it would have been a review, but no, it's another 12 page preview, on the month the fucking game ships.

Really no excuse for previews when the game comes out in 2-3 weeks =/
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

4. I can understand their views on this one, though. I'm guessing Rockstar isn't letting any code out at all until right down to deadline on this title and, with the game high in people's minds, they wanted to say something about it. Of course, the problem is that they just retread the same old ground over and over and over again, so it's a lose/lose situation. No review + regurgitated "news" = 12 wasted pages.

James

5. Quote Originally Posted by James
    I can understand their views on this one, though. I'm guessing Rockstar isn't letting any code out at all until right down to deadline on this title and, with the game high in people's minds, they wanted to say something about it. Of course, the problem is that they just retread the same old ground over and over and over again, so it's a lose/lose situation. No review + regurgitated "news" = 12 wasted pages.
    I think they just don't want the game getting pirated before release as seems to happen with virtually every game these days.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2