Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 91101103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,045 of 1045

Thread: Bioshock

1. I find myself with a ton of EVE and life. Since the beginning of the game I have hovered around 7-8 first aid kits and hypo's. They really just hand that shit out to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    In the demo shit uses like 1/4 as much eve as it does in the retail game.
    You must've accidentally played the easy mode.. I have the demo and retail version on Steam and in each of them, you can only get off 3 or 4 lightning bolts before having to use a booster.

This is unrelated, but important:

Stay away from the non-Steam PC version. Apparently, the boxed copy comes with some version of Securom that limits you to two installs total. This includes installs onto the same computer.

Completely insane.

The Steam version does not suffer from this limitation, although it also uses Securom in some fashion.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen2.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	26273  
    Last edited by epmode; 22 Aug 2007 at 08:53 AM.

3. You won't have that problem on the 360 version
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

4. A Man Chooses, a Slave obeys.

Pools Closed bitches.

5. Spent about three hours playing it last night. I really like it so far (no surprises there), but I'm not sure yet if it beats System Shock 2. I'm really surprised just how similar it is to SS2, right down to the hypo sound effects and the way the security cameras operate.

Where it really sets itself apart from SS2 is the quality of the enemy AI, and the sheer depth of the player-enemy interaction. I always though the psi powers were the coolest part of SS2 (I even beat the game on Impossible using a "pure psi" character). So I'm glad that Irrational designed Bioshock with supernatural powers in mind, instead of SS2 where they were almost an afterthought. The Gamespot review criticizes the game for being "easy", but in so doing it undersells just what makes Bioshock so cool: using plasmids to manipulate the environment and fuck with your enemies.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood