Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock

1. You forgot that he'd be tuning up his car so he can go get some OE at the store faster.

W00T W00t

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    And your football team has the best athlete in the world.
    The guy who won the Gold in the decathlon plays for the Falcons? Wow, what a coup.

3. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Awesome news. I was rapidly losing faith in Irrational, at least for the direction I wanted them to go in but this has potential.
    "[At Irrational], we think emergence is the future," - I think their direction sounds pretty good. From the description, it's a survival horror fps rpg with emergent gameplay and unscripted enemy routines in a cyberpunk setting. That's a strong concept.
    -Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    "[At Irrational], we think emergence is the future," - I think their direction sounds pretty good. From the description, it's a survival horror fps rpg with emergent gameplay and unscripted enemy routines in a cyberpunk setting. That's a strong concept.
    Yes, I love the concept and their design philosophy. I was losing faith in Irrational prior to this announcement because the company seemed to be mostly doing sequels to different, less progressive types of games(SWAT, Tribes) and their most ambitious and emergent project, The Lost, is almost certainly cancelled.

5. I haven't seen the last Tribes, but it got pretty good reviews, didn't it?
    -Kyo

It is getting good reviews and I'm certainly going to check it out when I get a new PC. I wasn't knocking its quality. I was just worried that Irrational had abandoned the thought of doing less mainstream System Shock type stuff as Tribes is more of a "regular" FPS, at least in today's market.

7. Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bi...w_6110044.html

I love System Shock, so naturally I'm excited about this. It looks like they won't be too far behind the technology curve this time, either. So is this the part where I'm supposed to belittle people for not liking PC games on TNL or what...
    I don't think many people actually dislike PC gaming, they just haven't really picked up the habit.

p.s. this sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. I recently played through Shock 2. It was like Thief in the sense that it took me a bunch of tries to get into it, but once I really sat down and got started, it had me completely by the balls.

I can't wait for this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    That GI cover
    Is that girl supposed to look like a troll? Because that really throws an otherwise superb illustration off completely.