Page 1 of 105 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock

1. Bioshock

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bi...w_6110044.html

I love System Shock, so naturally I'm excited about this. It looks like they won't be too far behind the technology curve this time, either. So is this the part where I'm supposed to belittle people for not liking PC games on TNL or what...

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    So is this the part where I'm supposed to belittle people for not liking PC games on TNL or what...
    good job.

is warren spector involved with this game in any way? the article doesn't mention him..

3. That's a good question. To be honest, I don't really care one way or the other on the issue. Obviously I'm not going to pin anything specifically on him re: DEx 2, but I thought it was a big letdown.

4. I was just as jazzed about Thief III when initial news of it came down the pike, but in the end it wasn't as supremely awesome as I thought it could (and should) have been. I'll keep my eye on this, and I've got big hopes for it, but I'm not going to just buy into the hype at face value without knowing what's really getting made.
    Time for a change

Awesome news. I was rapidly losing faith in Irrational, at least for the direction I wanted them to go in but this has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    is warren spector involved with this game in any way? the article doesn't mention him..
    Not likely as he seems to still be at Ion Storm and he wasn't involved with System Shock 2 anyway.

I'm wondering what happened to the System Shock license. Rumour has it that EA doesn't own it anymore.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 08 Oct 2004 at 11:40 PM.

6. Great news... I think it is odd to let the letdowns from DE2 and T3 affect how I suspect this game may turn out though. To clarify, I thought DE2 and T3 are good games that were preceeded by some of the best games ever. The sequels are simply 'good.'

Was Warren Spector involved with SS ever? I think thats why I am getting that vibe.
    o_O

7. The first one, ages ago...that's why DEx is often compared to it (well, apart from the obvious).

EA not being associated with SS would be great. A new one would take place in Compton where Lil' Jon can get +2 to HACK so his tricked out Neon can go .1 second faster in the 1/4 mile.

8. A new one would take place in Compton where Lil' Jon can get +2 to HACK so his tricked out Neon can go .1 second faster in the 1/4 mile.
    I'd buy that before I buy this stupid thing.

And he wouldnt be in Compton, he'd be in Crunkville USA, aka Atlanta. Get it right, biatch.

RAISE UP! HOLLA AT CHO BOY!
    Last edited by diffusionx; 09 Oct 2004 at 12:35 AM.

9. Yes, Li'l Jon does us proud here...

...or, um, not. Sorry about that guy, world.

But we're also responsible for the best cartoons and indie comics around, so things even out.

10. "I'd buy that before I buy this stupid thing. "

I know YOU would. Your taste in games is horrid.

"But we're also responsible for the best cartoons and indie comics around, so things even out."

And your football team has the best athlete in the world.