Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlackSite: Area 51

BlackSite: Area 51

2007 may oversaturated with sci-fi first-person shooters but given that Harvey Smith is leading the development of this one, I decided to check out the 360 demo. It's a short teaser demo but the action and detail impressed me, moreso than Midway's last Area 51 game. It's one to keep an eye on, and it's coming for PS3 and PC, too.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/795/795819p1.html

Anyone interested?

2. I tried the demo a while back but it kept fucking up on me. Seemed alright from what I did get to play, though.

3. Meh. The demo did nothing for me.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Same.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. I liked the demo, shows promise. I plan on fogetting about it and then being suprised by it when it's out.

6. It seemed to catch my eye, even with all these other FPS games coming out. I'm pretty sure the single player experience will be tons better than the multiplayer. That could change though, the demo didn't really show too much. Whatever though, I liked it.

I was distinctly unimpressed by the demo. The framerate could be better, and I didn't see anything really special about the gameplay. It isn't garbage, just severely average. I'm much more interested in Stranglehold.

At least it isn't utter shit like the Hour of Victory demo.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I was distinctly unimpressed by the demo. The framerate could be better, and I didn't see anything really special about the gameplay. It isn't garbage, just severely average. I'm much more interested in Stranglehold.

At least it isn't utter shit like the Hour of Victory demo.
    Yea, the framerate was shit, but its a demo. Shit like that can't pass when the game goes retail. Hour of Victory was laughable. I feel sorry for anyone that buys that.

9. Hour of Victory was laughable. I feel sorry for anyone that buys that.
    How was hour of victory laughable? It looked fine and played well, the only thing I could really see is someone pegging it for being uninspired.
    Last edited by Rem; 15 Jun 2007 at 02:43 PM.

10. If they fixed the framerate I think it could be pretty cool, as I liked the demo. Good amount of destructible objects, nice multi-stage enemies, and basic team commands like a RSV Lite gave it a good overall feel. Even so I'll probably be waiting for the price drop just because I'll keep forgetting about it.