Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Minidisc player gripe

1. Minidisc player gripe

I just got a Sony Minidisc player... the bottom of the line one, it was like $95. I love it, though, but its probably blind love, as Im moving up from a regular CD player, and not having to carry like 20 CDs to me with the library is great.

But anyway, is it just me or does this SonicStage software suck ass? I got so many failed transfers. A few songs I had to attempt like 5 times. Does anyone have this problem too, or is it just me? Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Anything I can do to fix this?
    Get an mp3 player.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

3. Touche!

my friend bought an mp3 player for like $150 and he could only fit like 40-50 songs on it. I got 50 songs on my minidisc right now with room to spare AND the possibility of buying more minidiscs. Like 20 of them.

That appeals to me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    my friend bought an mp3 player for like $150 and he could only fit like 40-50 songs on it.
    Seriously, that's pretty shitty. How many gb was it? 1?

I've got a 20 gb Ipod, and I'm pretty sure I can fit a few 1000 or so.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Touche!

my friend bought an mp3 player for like $150 and he could only fit like 40-50 songs on it. I got 50 songs on my minidisc right now with room to spare AND the possibility of buying more minidiscs. Like 20 of them.

That appeals to me.
    I was thinking of going minidisc until I checked some of Creative's [I know] products and they got some pretty good reviews. Better then you'd expect from them. the Muvo isnt bad for a little bit more of what you payed...IRT the minidiscs, maybe it has to do with songs that have skipping bitrates? It used to do that to my old 64 meg player.

6. it was that new Rio Forge or Rio Cali or some shit.

Tight little machine, but it didnt have much space. It was a flashed based player, so like 128meg or 256 meg.

And Im too poor for an iPod. ^__^

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Get a second hand older generation, like I did.

I don't think I even hit 200 on mine, and it's the generation right before the new one.

8. $200 > $95.

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I think we all are. I wanted to get this a week ago, but I had to buy a Linear Alg book and kinda missed out. It's pretty much 5 times the storage of the damn iPod mini's floating around, plus it supports usb 1.1, meaning it has to work on any comp without a silly firewire or usb2.0 upgrade. And the price range [in Canada] is about 20$ less then the ipod mini. Go figure. :P

10. Yep. I spent $315 on books this term.

Anyway, I dont really like the look of the Zen.