Thread: Best Flash USB Drive/Key?

1. Question Best Flash USB Drive/Key?

I would like to know if any of you have any opinions or recommendations of what brand Flash USB Key I should buy?

At the moment I am tossing between a SanDisk Cruzer or a Lexar JumpDrive. I like the look of the Sony MicroVault, but I've heard that it is of flimsy construction, and function is more important than looks.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. Go for the cheapest.
    I paid like $15 for a 64mb one, and I've never had a problem, which was made by "extreMEmory" (bad pun).

3. I bought a 256MB Lexar Jumpdrive for $50. The key is sturdy and comes with a great rubbery protective cap that actually surrounds the drive, which guarantees that you won't lose the cap. I haven't had any problems with it, so go for the Jumpdrive.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. I use a PNY Attache 128 MB Flash Drive and it's pretty awesome.

5. I have a lexar jumpdrive 256mb and it seems pretty good to me...but I didn't really go looking around either
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

6. Sandisk Cruzer Titanium 512MB USB Flash Drive, Model SDCZ3-512-A10

I have two of the regular SanDisk brand Cruzer Mini drives and love them. The Titanium one linked above has a retractable USB tip (no losing any caps), can withstand 2000 lbs of pressure, and claims to be one of the fastest UBS drives available. For $57, you can't go wrong.

Sandisk's page for the Titanium

7. That's good value for sure.

can withstand 2000 lbs of pressure
    It's always reassuring to know that it can be run over and still work

8. The high end (~2GB) Apacer Handy Steno drives are awesome and very cool looking. Stay away from their smaller ones though. They work great, but they're so fat that they won't fit in a lot of USB jacks, especially the ones on the back of a PC. I have one, and I have to use an extender with it all the time. I've even had to unplug my friends ps2 keyboard to make it fit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    I bought a 256MB Lexar Jumpdrive for $50. The key is sturdy and comes with a great rubbery protective cap that actually surrounds the drive, which guarantees that you won't lose the cap. I haven't had any problems with it, so go for the Jumpdrive.
    I have to vote for this one as well, I have the 512 meg version and no problems so far, the rubber key chain enclosure rocks and guarantees it doesnt fall off and you loose the cap like I did with my old one.