Thread: New NUON Game Released: Decaying Orbit

1. New NUON Game Released: Decaying Orbit

http://www.dragonshadow.com/-/decayi.../proposal.html

After 2 years of work, the space action game Decaying Orbit for NUON is complete. Skah T has released the game for download which you can get above. But also, while you're there, check out his proposal for actually producing the game properly with packaging, additions to the game, etc. The more people that show interest the better chance there is that it will actually happen.

Some screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. It seems like a Star Control clone.

3. *thread split*

The next time I have to split a thread, the culprits will be banned.

There will be no further warnings.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Now this looks decent and it's one I would consider. I told DragonShadow about my interest in it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    How's the game play K3V? It's always good to see a finished Nuon project.
    It's pretty cool - it's not a twitch shooter but more strategic in that you have to manage your ship's resources a bit, there's inertia and the planet's gravitational pull to deal with. Most levels consist of lighting beacons, defeating enemies, collecting credits and landing on the target planet. You can buy upgrades for your ship at shops along the way and some levels have branching paths so there's some nice variety in there. Easily the most polished homebrew game for NUON since it's commercial death.

There's a bit of history about how the game came about over here. You can check out its roots as a Playstation Net Yaroze game and such.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude
    Now this looks decent and it's one I would consider. I told DragonShadow about my interest in it.
    Nice. And if anyone has a Samsung N501 you can download and play the game for free (not sure if I made that clear in my first post or not). Here's the link:

http://www.dragonshadow.com/-/downlo...-full-v1.0.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

6. D'oh! You posted it before I thought to do it.

Just home now from a weekend away, I'll be burning/playing it tonight most likely. My Nuon hungers!

James