Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metroid Prime Hunters DS Gameplay Video

Metroid Prime Hunters DS Gameplay Video

It's right here (near the bottom, Gameplay Demonstration), and it looks like they've changed a lot around for the better.

The map is now on the bottom screen, so using the stylus no longer obscures your view of the game. There's no more lock-on system, since it seems to replicate mouselook fairly accurately.

Watching this really, really makes me wish that this wasn't a primarily multiplayer deathmatch game, and instead a full-fledged sequel. It looks and flows a lot better than I was expecting it to.

This seriously went from my "worst DS game at E3" to imteresting with this video.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Did he just say Metroid games have historically focused on multiplayer?

3. Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash
    Did he just say Metroid games have historically focused on multiplayer?
    Yeah, I heard that, and wondered what the hell he was talking about. I think he meant to say "single player," and that this would be different because it focused on multiplayer.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash
    Did he just say Metroid games have historically focused on multiplayer?
    That's what I thought I heard too

That video is kind of cool though, and using the stylus to function as a mouse-like precision aiming control actually seems like it might be pretty awesome.

I agree it's lame that the single player is contained to "training zones" and it's focus is on multiplayer. Kind of like Mario 64 DS, that means I probably won't buy it, but it still is cool and makes me optimistic about whatever comes next.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    I agree it's lame that the single player is contained to "training zones" and it's focus is on multiplayer. Kind of like Mario 64 DS, that means I probably won't buy it, but it still is cool and makes me optimistic about whatever comes next.
    I'm pretty sure this is just a demo that's included with the hardware.
    -Kyo

6. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    I was curious, is it a demo cartridge or is it actually built in the hardware? I assume the latter?

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    I was under the impression that the focus of the stand-alone game was also deathmatch.

I really hope I'm wrong about that.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    Kind of like Mario 64 DS...

Nintendo just released info stating that Mario 64 DS is a revamped Super Mario 64 with ADDED multiplayer features. It's still the same game as the N64, with new levels, stars, objectives and shizzle. And then multiplayer.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Interpol
    Nintendo just released info stating that Mario 64 DS is a revamped Super Mario 64 with ADDED multiplayer features. It's still the same game as the N64, with new levels, stars, objectives and shizzle. And then multiplayer.
    I didn't mean to compare the two games, I kind of worded that confusingly. I just meant that I think both games are actually pretty cool after watching the demonstration videos for them, but neither does enough for me to actually warrant a purchase.

If that was just the demo though, and there's a real, full Metroid game like this in Hunters, then I'm all over it.

10. So, is there a list of launch games yet?
    (EDIT: Kinda found it. What happened to that Sega bathing suit-rubbing game?
    http://www.nintendo.com/gamelist?sta...f=&af=&vf=&nf= )
    I'm losing interest fast...
    ...help me gain back my need for more $150 pieces of hardware!

Metroid still looks mighty nifty, though.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 09 Oct 2004 at 03:47 PM.