Thread: You and Star Wars

1. You and Star Wars

Just wondering how much my fellow board fiends like the series...

I personally used to be the biggest SW loser ever... I used to collect stuff like mad and read novels every so often... That was a few years ago and over time I have calmed down a bit... I stll subscrive to SW Insider, though...

But I still take the films very seriously and hold them very close to me... I can't say there are any movies I can watch as many times or enjoy on such a deep level than the originals...

Now that Ep. II has released I am getting into the series a bit more again and I am starting to read Shadows of the Empire again.. one of my favorite books ever...

And I still like to collect a bit here and there.... But no where near as much as afew years ago...

2. They grew on me as a kid when they would show Empire and Jedi on tv. I became a bigger fan, then the rereleases came with news of Episode 1. When the rereleases came, I was a much bigger fan. I got some art books and the double cd soundtracks. One day, after every one of the rereleases was in theatres, I watched all of them one after the other. I also read some of the novels *shudder*. Episode 1 came and I loved it, then thought a bit about it, then I relized it wasn't the best Star Wars ever. I seen it again, and that confirmed it. From keeping up with AOTC, I had alot of hope this would bring the series back to being respectable, but to me, I liked it even less than Phantom Menace. Even after PM came out, I still had respect for George Lucas, but after seeing AOTC, it seems he is out of touch. The Lucas that gave us the original trilogy is gone, replaced by a money oriented geezer who is trying to wipe out what his younger self accomplished. Things like the Special Editions, not releasing the original unmessed with trilogy on dvd (it may come yet, but dont' expect it for at least 3 more years), and shooting yet more extra stuff to add to the special editions of the original series (its been confirmed by Lucasfilms, at the Digital Bits).
    pwned by Ivan