Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anime failed

1. missinghopper, Lupin the Third's second series and Cowboy Bebop beg to disagree.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Because Disney and Nickelodeon make their OWN content. That's why.
    This is the truth.

Erotic speaks many truths too.
    -Myk

3. Anime, fail? I beg to differ. Publishing companies make millions upon millions every year, and the scope of their content brought over multiplies many times over. People buy more manga over here than actual books.

We're getting more and more of what comes out of Japan, because companies here are beginning to realize that there's a market for more than they originally thought. This can only be beneficial to us, as it can lead to more widespread cultural acceptance of animation by the time our generation reaches adulthood.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    Disney used to show the last unicorn on their channel when I was in elementary or middle school. Nickeloden used to show Grimm's fairy tales during the morning day hours when I was in highschool. Don't forget the koala olabi's (sp?)

Them were some early anime shows, guess they beat out fox box, way before CN and tech TV was ever made. ZING!
    Haha wow can't believe someone else remembers Grimm's Fairy Tales. Nickelodean had some kick ass anime like the Lil Bits, Noozles, and The Little Koala. Now Nickelodean is a god damn joke of a channel.
    Macbook Pro 15" Unibody | Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
    Sprint Touch Pro 2 | iPhone 3GS 32GB | iPad 32GB

visit louie tran spot! a blog for geeks by a geek

5. Holy shit, I remember that Little Koala show. That was some quality entertainment lord knows how many years ago.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Q. Why don't Nickelodean and Disney make their own anime?

A. Because they are American companies and anime is from Japan, dumbass.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Q. Why don't Nickelodean and Disney make their own anime?

A. Because they are American companies and anime is from Japan, dumbass.

Who asked that question?

8. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    Why hasn'ty nickoleodeon or Disney caught on. Its the biggest thing on TV right now and they resist it.

9. That doesn't say anything about making their own animes. I figured he meant running shows from japan like the
    WB, Cartoon network, tech TV and Fox

tech TV? I've never seen that channel, but that seems odd.

10. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    That doesn't say anything about making their own animes. I figured he meant running shows from japan.
    Well since Disney and Nick really only show programs that they themselves make, I'm pretty sure he meant for them to make some. I don't know, maybe he'll come back and clear that up.