Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anime failed

1. Quote Originally Posted by Station
    As for Disney Channel not showing anime, did you all forget they used to play Kiki's Delivery Service like every weekend.
    They're showing it right now. I'm watching it.

2. Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    Wait.. so anime's goal is to monopoloize the central media? In the words of George Bush... "That's news to me".
    Thats not the point. Anime has made cartoon Network the most watched animation division the past few years. (there was a poll. If I find it i will post it). Disney animation divison is all about pixar and now their leaving. Their original content sucks( They still air that barbarian show?) and live action is still done better on MTV.

Parents don't know a damn difference. They see Disney on the title and they put it on. Am not saying they go get Bebop. Just some good stuff that can stack to their crap like Beyblade.

Nickoleodeon is dieing a slow death and its becuase of their inability to adapt, evovole and figure out people don't would rather watch inuyasha that a 15 year old Tommy Pickles

3. Disney is HARDLY about Pixar. Pixar made The Incredibles and Finding Nemo in the past couple of years, that's IT. Meanwhile they've been churning out animated series, Lilo and Stitch 2 is coming out early next year, Brother Bear and Home on the Range came out within a year too. Get your shit straight before you start babbling.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Disney is HARDLY about Pixar. Pixar made The Incredibles and Finding Nemo in the past couple of years, that's IT. Meanwhile they've been churning out animated series, Lilo and Stitch 2 is coming out early next year, Brother Bear and Home on the Range came out within a year too. Get your shit straight before you start babbling.
    Okay how much of a profit did they make from thoser movies. Except for Stitch NOTHING

anime shows at midnight get higher ratings than shows duringb the afternoon. Yeah hello disney you suck

5. From http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/10/news...sney_earnings/

Total revenues from Disney's four segments -- media, movies, theme parks, and consumer products -- came in at $7.47 billion, or 20 percent higher than the third quarter of 2003.

Wall Street analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call expected earnings per share of 27 cents and revenues of about $7.2 billion.

CEO Michael Eisner repeated earlier predictions that Disney's income is on track to increase more than 50 percent in the fiscal year ending September.
    I said it once, I said it again. GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    From http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/10/news...sney_earnings/

I said it once, I said it again. GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT.
    What are they best selling movies .
    Toy story
    Finding Nemos
    Monsters inc.

Their has never been a bad selling CG movie. (except for final fantasy but that was aiomed at the wrong audience)

All those movies you mentioned sold crap compared to finding Nemo and Shrek. Yes I know shrek not disney but it sold really well

7. Alright, well lets look at some ratings.

Tween 9-14 Primetime 8-11p (000)
    DIS CH*: 857
    CARTOON: 609
    NAN: 466
    COMEDY: 149
    MTV: 143
    ABC FAM: 130
    ESPN: 130
    BET: 76
    APL: 55
    TLC: 54

Source: Disney, MTVN Research and Turner Research from Nielsen Media Research Data

*Disney Channel is not an ad supported cable network, unlike the others in this listing.
    Well shit, looks like more kids are watching Disney.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Alright, well lets look at some ratings.

Well shit, looks like more kids are watching Disney.
    When did you get this?. I got mine a few years when DBZ came out. Am not suprised it change.
    Want to challenge me. get the rating difference for the midnight hour on cartoon network and afternoon ratings for disney. Or get the ratings on saturday during the toonami block.

9. What kids are up at Midnight on a school night, but since that's what you want, I'll find it.

And while I'm at it, chew on this.

From http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...7C1%7C,00.html
    The week ending Sunday, June 15 was a productive one for the Disney Channel, which was the most watched primetime cable network for the period and also scored the most watched program.

The Disney Channel averaged 2.65 million viewers per night to top second place HBO's 2.28 million. TNT took third with 2.13 million. Lifetime's average of 2 million was good enough for fourth, just ahead of Nickelodeon's 1.97 million.

"The Even Stevens Movie" scored an impressive 5.11 million viewers to rank as basic cable's most popular show. The Disney Channel also placed "Cadet Kelly" at No.8 with 3.63 million.
    Wait wait, there is more.

From http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...able||,00.html

Disney and Nick had 2 shows in the top 15, I don't see WB, Cartoon or any other Anime in there.

10. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    When did you get this?. I got mine a few years when DBZ came out. Am not suprised it change.
    Want to challenge me. get the rating difference for the midnight hour on cartoon network and afternoon ratings for disney. Or get the ratings on saturday during the toonami block.
    Adult Swim isn't meant for little kids, while Disney is.

The entire world doesn't revolve around your own personal tastes. Deal with it. Anime is not going to save every channel from death, and Disney is still making money hand over fist, so even though it's not Japanese, it's obviously doing something right.

^__________^