Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anime failed

1. Uh-oh Has anime failed

the only network will anime ties are WB, Cartoon network, tech TV and Fox if you count that fox box crap on saturdays. Why hasn'ty nickoleodeon or Disney caught on. Its the biggest thing on TV right now and they resist it. Are they right or are we fooling ourselves.

2. Because Disney and Nickelodeon make their OWN content. That's why.

Or maybe anime is just massively overrated by people that draw foxes hugging and post at deviantArt.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Ummm Disney puts out all of Miyazaki's films in the US.

5. I think he meant stations though. Disney makes their own series, as does Nickelodeon.

6. Disney used to show the last unicorn on their channel when I was in elementary or middle school. Nickeloden used to show Grimm's fairy tales during the morning day hours when I was in highschool. Don't forget the koala olabi's (sp?)

Them were some early anime shows, guess they beat out fox box, way before CN and tech TV was ever made. ZING!
    Last edited by Rtificial; 14 Oct 2004 at 05:20 PM.

Rtificial is right. Noozles was anime before I knew what anime was.

Pinky dies.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Anime failed the day that Pokemon became the standard. The things about anime that attracted me to it were the contrast between anime and US animation. If you look at all of the kids' anime on TV now, then you definitely will see the the animation quality is piss poor, even worse than Thundercats.

Pokemon and Yugioh look like cardboard cut-outs. There's shit that came on 15 years ago that is animated far better than that, including YYH and DBZ (not that I'm into that or anything, this is the internet after all ). It's a fucking shame.

I take it back, it's not so much that anime has failed, it's that anime WAS failed. It is America and american anime distributors who have failed. They failed in transitioning Anime to the US audience. Before cartoon Network, the only way to get programs that were of quality, that came on TV in japan freely, was to shell out 30 bucks a pop for about 3 episodes.

There's stuff in Japan that will make you shit your pants a thousand times over at the quality. But it's the crap that gets pushed here, because it's the easiest way to push commercials on children. Then, people like 4Kids and Saban have SNK complex about it, and they dick up the whole thing by censoring, cutting, and altering storylines of the quality anime that they bring here. There is no reason to start an anime in the middle of the series just because it's convenient, but I've seen it happen. Meanwhile, after all of that ethical censorship, I see a commercial for NERF ASSAULT WEAPONS! DUDE CHECK IT OUT, THIS GUN IS ACTUALLY THREE GUNS IN ONE PLUS A MISSLE LAUNCHER! GG, America. That is why I thank god for the cult-fanbase of fansubbers who take care of business as it should be taken care of.

The fact is, they are underestimating kids in thinking that they can't handle sensitive topics, and trying to cater to those shitty ass fundamentalist parents who blame TV for every one of their god damned problems, despite the fact that they had their kids at age 15 and are raging hypocrites anyway.
    Last edited by Do You Like Erotic?; 14 Oct 2004 at 05:06 PM.

9. pokemon is the only decent anime on tv in the US......imo

10. Quote Originally Posted by Do You Like Erotic?
    Anime failed the day that Pokemon became the standard. The things about anime that attracted me to it were the contrast between anime and US animation. If you look at all of the kids' anime on TV now, then you definitely will see the the animation quality is piss poor, even worse than Thundercats.

Pokemon and Yugioh look like cardboard cut-outs. There's shit that came on 15 years ago that is animated far better than that, including YYH and DBZ (not that I'm into that or anything, this is the internet after all ). It's a fucking shame.

I take it back, it's not so much that anime has failed, it's that anime WAS failed. It is America and american anime distributors who have failed. They failed in transitioning Anime to the US audience. Before cartoon Network, the only way to get programs that were of quality, that came on TV in japan freely, was to shell out 30 bucks a pop for about 3 episodes.

There's stuff in Japan that will make you shit your pants a thousand times over at the quality. But it's the crap that gets pushed here, because it's the easiest way to push commercials on children. Then, people like 4Kids and Saban have SNK complex about it, and they dick up the whole thing by censoring, cutting, and altering storylines of the quality anime that they bring here. There is no reason to start an anime in the middle of the series just because it's convenient, but I've seen it happen. Meanwhile, after all of that ethical censorship, I see a commercial for NERF ASSAULT WEAPONS! DUDE CHECK IT OUT, THIS GUN IS ACTUALLY THREE GUNS IN ONE PLUS A MISSLE LAUNCHER! GG, America. That is why I thank god for the cult-fanbase of fansubbers who take care of business as it should be taken care of.

The fact is, they are underestimating kids in thinking that they can't handle sensitive topics, and trying to cater to those shitty ass fundamentalist parents who blame TV for every one of their god damned problems, despite the fact that they had their kids at age 15 and are raging hypocrites anyway.
    Well put.