Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9111213

Thread: Has anime failed

1. I was discussing Kingdom Hearts with my girlfriend just now. If Japan was so high and mighty they could have just made their own stuff, but they used Disney's.

Also, Pixar could make their own movies, but Disney backs them with Merchandising deals.

2. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    Disney characters are popular but are waning as they get older. They don't have the wide appeal to everyone like anime has as a whole.
    What country are you living in where anime has a wide appeal? Because it sure as hell isn't America.
    Last edited by Opaque; 23 Oct 2004 at 02:10 AM. Reason: remnant is the least intelligent person to ever post on TNL, by far.

3. There are wider range of shows that appeal to all ages in anime than disney cartoons

4. Name an anime other the the Gibli ones brought over by Disney that I could get my parents, or my aunts and uncles to watch.

It can't be done. I don't know what sindicated, americanised crap you watch, but real anime isn't going to appeal to very young children or 95% of adults. I know there isn't a person in my extended family, child or otherwise, that would watch Niea_7, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Full Metal Panic, Haibane Renmei, Love Hina, Serial Experiments Lain, Hellsing, Voices of a Distant Star or Kai Doh Maru with me. However at Christmas every year, we all watch the newest Disney movie, and everyone enjoys it.

I bet almost everyone on this forum has a similar family; one that enjoys Disney movies but wouldn't watch anime.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Name an anime other the the Gibli ones brought over by Disney that I could get my parents, or my aunts and uncles to watch.
    Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend.

make sure to leave it on the coffee table.

6. I also want to point out to anyone who missed it in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    Anime is not as huge as it used to be.
    Yet he still said this:

I see a brighter future for anime than Disney characters in america.
    But remnant, you just admited that it's not as big as it used to be, meaning it shrinking in appeal. Yet it's somehow has a brighter future that Disney characters, who every year grow in appeal and sales?

I see no consistancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend.

make sure to leave it on the coffee table.
    I don't trust you.
    Last edited by Opaque; 23 Oct 2004 at 04:18 AM.

7. Anime was not as big when pokemon got on the scene( The fad was huge, admit it) but since then has gone down.

Disney will always have an audience but in the future I think it will be smaller. Thats what Warner Bros. did, didn't kill Disney but took a lot of their audience away. I see anime in the future doing that to at least 1 age group.

Am getting tired of this thread so please stop posting. i won't post unless someone comes and calls me or my opinion gay. I am offended by that and will strike back.

8. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    Am getting tired of this thread so please stop posting. i won't post unless someone comes and calls me or my opinion gay. I am offended by that and will strike back.
    You don't tell me what to do, fag.
    Last edited by Opaque; 23 Oct 2004 at 05:20 AM.

Your opinions like to have buttsex without the lubricant.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 23 Oct 2004 at 11:58 AM.

I think this thread is done.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery