Page 1 of 22 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan sucks

LOL Guest

Japan sucks

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6199779/site/newsweek/

"Japan's game publishers used to be on top of the world. Now they're losing out to U.S. and European rivals. What happened?"

2. IBTN.

3. source: MSNBC

yea, thanks.

4. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas
    "console-software sales have shrunk from $3.4 billion in 1998 to $2.2 billion last year, a 35 percent drop"

That's the most alarming number of them all.

Which leads to another of the Japanese firms' woes: its game creators are allowed to act like prima donnas. Even though gaming has become an $18-billion-a-year global business, Japanese firms still pretend it's a cottage industry.
    This is news to be believed.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

LOL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnk_
    source: MSNBC

yea, thanks.
    By N'Gai Croal
    Newsweek

Second to Steven Kent on the list of gaming journalists that aren't pure shit.

7. Crap games are selling better than good ones? I believe this news.

Looking at my own personal collection, not counting Halo, the first American made game from this generation is ranked 26th by myself. I still think Japan is making the best non-racing games around.

8. The best games, yes, but the point of the article is that (as we all know) that's not what's selling.
    This is MY world, I just let you all live in it.
    http://membres.lycos.fr/stationsig/Segafanclub.gif
    "Although it did not become the fatal wound, it owed the minor burn..."
    "The intellectual pleasant sensation that is adjusted taste freely to detail the operation system which rubs the impression of production and the existing game which adhered, leads synopsis of drama to conclusion with prayer itself inference power and insight"
    I love babelfish.

9. Quote Originally Posted by lordsnarf
    The best games, yes, but the point of the article is that (as we all know) that's not what's selling.
    But the point of this thread is "Japan sucks."

10. Makes some sense, Western developers have been in the game for a while, just not as huge as they are now. Just KOTOR puts alot of JRPG's to shame.