Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beck

1. Grin Beck

I've been reading the manga for Beck for years. Once the series gets moving I got hooked on it. So to my surprise when I found out they made an anime series for this one.

Beck is about some what loner named Yukio as he tries to figure his way through mundane Japanese life. All of this changes one day when he saves a frankenstein like dog named "beck". The owner of beck a foreigner named Rysuuke changes the course of his life. Rysuuke happened to be friends and band mates with one of the US top rock bands long ago. This inspires Yukio to save up to buy a guitar and start learning. Along the way he gets into all sorts of trouble/hijinks, meets new friends and finds out about a ton of music from the US and all over.

Yea my description sounds lame but its quite good. The anime is done by Madhouse studio and they do a great job with it from the one episode I seen. I always wondered what Kyoki sounded like singing and how the band sounded so now I'll get to find out. Music fans will see LOTS of tributes to punk, rock, metal, grunge bands all thru this series. Later on you may even notice exact recreations of famous music spots in the US.

So if you like music or find it interesting watching a young boy struggle to buy a guitar and learn to play it. Then later on work with a group and the struggle to make it, check this series out. I love the manga and I'm digging the anime.

btw you can get the first episode HERE

2. hmm, sounds interesting, I'll have to check this out.
    -Myk

3. The anime is pretty interesting so far. One of the new fall season animes I think I'm going to be mostly waiting for along with Gundam Seed Destiny, School Rumble, Bleach and Tsukoyomi Moon Phase

4. I like the intro alot.

This series gives a pretty good view of school life and just general life of a teen in Japan. So far I've noticed Yukio doesn't make as many goofy and hilarous expressions as the manga.

Also nifty is some parts are in English so no needed sub titles for us wee!

I can't wait to see Kyoki's guitar teacher and Chiba when they come into the story.

5. I finished up the first ep. Interesting indeed. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this one. And hooray for english! I was suprized at how well the english speaking parts were.
    -Myk

6. I thought Rysuuke sounded a bit awkward but did a good job. He's supposed to be an american with US accent in his Japanese. It sounds the other way around...or kinda Australian.

7. Bah, I refuse to go anywhere near the anime. Part of the charm of the manga is NOT knowing how yukio sounded except that it was awesome.

8. Episode 2 is out YAY.

9. episode 3 is out and you can get it HERE

10. Shit was going to make a thread about this awsome show.. I downlaoded all three eps earily today.. and this show rocks..