Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beck

1. bumping an old topic but I just downloaded Beck and man it is great. Watched the 1st 16 eps, so much engrish

Any other animes like this out? Black Heaven was pretty good too.
    Last edited by morphix; 18 May 2006 at 07:42 AM.

If you don't like my posts click here

2. I've been snagging up volume of the manga as they come out here in the US. I love the manga way more than the anime. For some reason the manga is more hilarous and so far I'm waiting on volume 4.

3. Quote Originally Posted by morphix
    bumping an old topic but I just downloaded Beck and man it is great. Watched the 1st 16 eps, so much engrish

Any other animes like this out? Black Heaven was pretty good too.
    I was wondering why I was seeing a thread I posted in a year ago when I JUST found this forum again today.

The series is great. I have still yet to pick up the manga, but I hear it goes more in depth in the events that take place in the last episode, so I would like to obtain it soon.

4. The manga goes more indepth than the whole anime from what I've seen. I'd have to go back and start watching it again to compare. I just remember some minor events/gags and stuff being ommited for the sake of pacing for the anime. Plus I just like using my imagination for what Beck and Kyoki sound like.

5. Second volume is out if anyone cares.

It's pretty sad how low res it is, though. Every other anime I've watched on my LCD has looked incredible, but Beck looks really grainy and crappy.

6. I just keep reading the manga as each volume comes out from Tokyopop. I watched a bit of the anime long ago, but never finished it. I think I perfer just imagining how kyoki would sound and how the band plays rather than hearing it first hand. It seems to make them seem more epic in the manga that way.

7. I'm up to date with the manga and scared to watch the anime for the dame reason. Right now Beck/MCS sounds awesome in my head, I'd hate to watch it and everyone sounds all emo-like or something.

8. It's not emo, it's like shitty grunge rock.

You won't think it's as good as you imagined it in the manga, so even though I'm enjoying the series, I wouldn't advise you to watch it.

9. Just finished the whole series and I liked it alot. Hopefully the manga will come out of hiatus and we'll get another season of the anime.

BTW has anyone watched the Funimation dub yet? From what I read about it I think I would actually like it better. Alot of the English parts of this anime (including the lyrics of the songs) were really bad. Apperantly Funi redid all the lyrics and scripts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.