Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newtype USA magazine puts the DVD back

1. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    Am just pissed off that every opinion I have is blasted down like am some asshole becuase I don't agree with you.
    The homo comment wasn't in this thread. It was in the first thread I ever made
    But you see, opinions are just that: opinions. They're subjective statements made to project a singular point of view. If we were talking about abstract religious bullshit, I'd say "Whatever waxes your pony, bud." But we're talking about the very concrete world of media business ethic. It's all based on numbers and how to make bigger ones. Having an opinion on sales numbers makes about as much sense as whacking off with toothpaste.

I've said it many times, that an opinion is only as good as proof to back it up. You can't just say "Well, that's my opinion" and act as if the statement has gained some sort of invulnerability. What you're not supplying us with is your backup info. The facts. Cold, hard, data. The truth can't always come from the heart, sometimes it requires research and consideration. It also might require you to admit that a certain opinion you hold is incorrect or misguided.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Not Shade
    I might be offended by this, if I knew what the fuck any of it meant. Learn some English, man.

To clarify, the idea is that people who HAD read the magazine before would be forced to subscribe once the DVD was pulled, if they wanted that particular extra. Stop dodging the point, plz.
    if you can't understand what i write then how can you respond, you dumb fuck.

Why the fuck would I who had bought it before now want to subscribe for a fucking DVD. The DVD with like 2 hrs of content is not worth 13 bucks. People who subscribe like the magazine and probally don't care that much about the DVD. How many subscriptions were canceled when they pulled the DVD out. I don't know but I don't expect many.
    Last edited by remnant; 26 Oct 2004 at 09:04 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    Why the fuck would I who had bought it before now want to subscribe for a fucking DVD. The DVD with like 2 hrs of content is not worth 13 bucks. People who subscribe like the magazine and probally don't care that much about the DVD. How many subscriptions were canceled when they pulled the DVD out. I don't know but I don't expect many.
    First, for a subscription that costs more than 80 dollars a year, they'd better care about the fucking DVD.

Secondly, I'm at a loss as to what your real point is. Are you for or against Newtype, and do you believe it's being successful or failing?

4. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    Why the fuck would I who had bought it before now want to subscribe for a fucking DVD.
    Because some people actually enjoyed having the DVD, so Newtype figured they could scam those people into subscribing to their magazine if they made it a subscription exclusive. It didn't work, hence their decision to bring back the DVD (to the store edition) and just charge extra for the whole shebang.

The DVD with like 2 hrs of content is not worth 13 bucks.
    You seem to be forgetting that you get a magazine with the DVD.

People who subscribe like the magazine and probally don't care that much about the DVD.
    How do you know?

How many subscriptions were canceled when they pulled the DVD out. I don't know but I don't expect many.
    None, because the subscribers STILL GOT THE DVD.

Stop cussing people out and start actually thinking about what's being said to you.
    Last edited by Shadow Not Shade; 27 Oct 2004 at 12:04 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    So why do video game magazines sell?
    Oh, video game magazines? You mean the same video game magazines where a number of them have gone under in recent years, publishers have to often keep scrambling to find more money to support their projects, and where subscription numbers for even the heavyweights aren't what they used to be?

As well, comparing a huge market like video games to a still somewhat niche market like anime is apples to oranges.

How about things like all of the women's magazines that were once huge and are now having problems. Oh my God, women aren't popular anymore!!!
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. this thead is hilarious and Korian has pwned us once again. good show Korian... good show...

7. Well, I picked up a copy of Newtype for the first time the other day.
    Given how awful the layout and color choice is, I can imagine how its numbers don't grow.
    I'm admittedly ignorant of 98% of the anime scene, but this mag was damn near unreadable.
    I could get used to the (stupid) right to left layout, but there seemed no distinct flow to the text. I've read comics for years, but found myself lost on every page in the mag.
    Ignoring that, the font and color of the text was headache inducing.
    Who buys this?

8. hardcore otaku that are "in the know."

9. It's still the best anime magazine I have ever seen( Then again I have only seen one other magazine that contains anime so ...)

10. Ah this thread brought back the renmant memories... hehe