Thread: Presenting: Ibuki n' Chun

1. Presenting: Ibuki n' Chun

As promised, here's the sketch of Ibuki I been messing with. Pretty pleased with it, despite the fact the pose is basic. I was more focused on the characters facial profile and the outfit (her pants are so baggy, and I am still fiddling with it...too bad I inked some of it early). Heh. Well, it was fun just to break out the pencils again, drew this the other day. Enjoy...

Oh, and just to widen out a bit...if anyone has some requests - please post them for me in the Requests board.

<center></center>

Edit: link fixed

The newest Chun pic can be found <a href="http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/gallery/bahn/2002/chun.jpg">here</a>. I think I'll go back and add a line to her chin on her left...just so that it doesn't seem visually odd. And in case any one asks, yes, it was intended to draw her face and such just as you see it. I was inspired by a model photo using the same layout.

2. Oooh... The face is perfect. I have a few quibbles about the body... There's a bit too much roundness in the shoulder/side arm area. It's supposed to stick out a little but it sticks out a little too much. Maybe it's the bandage that makes it do that. It just looks like a ball joint on an action figure. The stance is a little crooked, but I'm sure that could be fixed easily by just turning the paper.
    I love the Chun-li pic. Keep her chin the way it is. It doesn't look odd to me at all.

3. Originally posted by Finch
    Oooh... The face is perfect. I have a few quibbles about the body... There's a bit too much roundness in the shoulder/side arm area. It's supposed to stick out a little but it sticks out a little too much. Maybe it's the bandage that makes it do that. It just looks like a ball joint on an action figure. The stance is a little crooked, but I'm sure that could be fixed easily by just turning the paper.
    I love the Chun-li pic. Keep her chin the way it is. It doesn't look odd to me at all.

thanks Finch!!

4. I'm a little sad because I've seen the Chun Li before, but it's still great. Ibuki too, and while Finch'll diss the shoulders, I'll have to say that even when you do something little weird, your style usually pulls it off in a convincing and acceptable manner .

5. Originally posted by Dunlap
    I'm a little sad because I've seen the Chun Li before, but it's still great. Ibuki too, and while Finch'll diss the shoulders, I'll have to say that even when you do something little weird, your style usually pulls it off in a convincing and acceptable manner .

Eh? Seen the Chun Li before - as in this pic, or just the fact I've drawn her over the course of time?

If you meant that you've seen this pic before - that's not possible bro. Since I just put the chun pic up the other day and didn't show it to anyone aside from a few friends online. Perhaps you saw a pic that was similar to this, but I guarantee that you've never seen this new rendition of Chun (unless you live in my house)

As for Finch's comments - it's okei. It's criticism that I didn't take offense. I appreciate your praise and support though! Personally, I know that the pic isn't perfect - the form could've been better, and I was pleased for that I was able to even pull the entire pic off given the fact I had no sleep and haven't drawn for some time. I intend to do an even better Ibuki in the near future, but to date - I like this version the best compared to what I've done in the past.

6. Originally posted by bahn
    Over the past few months, people have inquired as if I had other art, and if you've been at SRK, then you've probably caught all, or most of it.

But now, this thread provides you with a link to every piece of art that's ever been featured online to date! And all in one location! There's more to come, because there's still quite more to put up. Enjoy!
    snip...
    <A href="http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/gallery/bahn/chunli.jpg" target="top">Chun Li (1998)</a>
    snip...
    perhaps you've made an error, then

7. Originally posted by Dunlap
    perhaps you've made an error, then
    Ah indeed...lol, I left out the dir where I posted it.

The newest Chun pic can be found below:

(Damn...even after an edit the first time...I STILL went and put the wrong filename)

Andy: Ok...thanks. But I am honestly so lazy sometimes just to do attachments - just pick out what tickles your fancy....

8. *hugs pictures*
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Heh, nice to see you posting art again Bahn.
    Ibuki - Very nice. I will have to agree with Finch on the shoulders, but otherwise it's great stuff. Nice lines and I like how you did her hair.
    Chun - Awesome bangs! That's one of the most beautiful Chun faces I've seen! Great all the way round!
    Overall a man! Keep it up!

10. Wha? So the other one was an old one? I don't... think I've seen it... Comment still applies.
    For the new one, cuuuuute! Nice lines. ^^