Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Buy Markdowns

1. I checked out 2 BBs today and they didn't have shit. Looked like the only games they had in at all were less than 6 months old (& GH titles).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    I checked out 2 BBs today and they didn't have shit. Looked like the only games they had in at all were less than 6 months old (& GH titles).
    That's because that, unlike Circuit City and EB, Best Buy employees are made known of the sale ahead of time to tag the items.

Then, they get the list, the store is closed, and they say "wow, these games are cheap, I better let everyone know!!" and the employees themselves buy them, with their discount.

Best Buy dosen't care, because the games are leaving the store. I used to work there, I got a friend who works there now, and their last clearence sale (and this one too, I just asked) were picked clean by the employees before the store even opened.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

How do you figure that when none of the employees have any idea about the clearance when you show them the list? Are they just laughing at you silently?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    How do you figure that when none of the employees have any idea about the clearance when you show them the list? Are they just laughing at you silently?
    That must be your store then, because at least the one I go to and used to work at, my friend who works in the media dept knew about all these games when I asked her, and told me that her, and a couple of other employees picked up the majority of them.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

5. you cant go wrong with Raw2 for a 1.99. especially if you got friends.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

6. Quote Originally Posted by MrWhitefolks
    you cant go wrong with Raw2 for a 1.99. especially if you got friends.
    That was one of the ones I was really hoping for.

And your new sig kicks ass.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet

I went to BB today and they had none. I asked a girl there, if they had any in stock. She checked out the computer and found 3 in all of the DFW area. She said there were 75 in stock online, for the same price.
    I'm beginning to wonder where exactly this girl was looking, because I went to a Best Buy in Irving and they had 3 copies of Fire Emblem. However, the price tag on the shelves called it Fire Emblem 2 and it rang up that way at the register as well.

8. went to my best buy wednesday morning. they had about fifteen copies of billy hatcher, and not one other game on that list.
    sucks balls.