Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do I need to know about Harddrives

What do I need to know about Harddrives

I just came into the ownership of about 20 computers. Other than keyboards, mouses and Monitors, all I need are new hard drives.

They are government liquidated computers. When they get rid of a PC they yank the hard drives so me and you can't find out their secrets, or some crap like that.

But anyway, I'm going to be in the market for some Hard drives. What do I need to know when buying, and do you know where to get some with some monster space for cheep?

I'm thinking of getting a sound/graphics card with Audio/Video outs and putting it in my stero for a makeshift jukebox.

yeah I'm looking at outpost right now.

3. Well, for $120 you can get 200gb hard drive on newegg, if that sounds like monster space for cheap.
    That means they will also have 100gb for sale in the region of $60.

What are you going to do with 20 computers?
    That will cost you over $2400 to equip them with hard drives. Are you mad?!

Quote Originally Posted by burky
    Well, for $120 you can get 200gb hard drive on newegg, if that sounds like monster space for cheap.
    That means they will also have 100gb for sale in the region of $60.

What are you going to do with 20 computers?
    That will cost you over $2400 to equip them with hard drives. Are you mad?!
    I WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!

Eh I will probably build one basic computer, one super high performance computer, and make one into a jukebox.

The rest I'm probably going to put cheap 40 gig harddrives in and sell to college students.

They are so so P3s with USB ports. All they need is a hard drive. If any of you are interested in one before I put a hard drive in them let me know.

5. What speed P3s are they?

Quote Originally Posted by 007bond
    What speed P3s are they?
    Don't know yet. I pick them up thursday.

7. Sounds like a cunning plan, but do you have the capital to kit them up first?
    When you say you are selling them, how much for? I can't imagine you'd get more than $150 or so for them now

8. If you know anyone that does XBOX hd upgrades, you could probably get the 10GB seagate drives from them for cheap. I use them all the time for upgrading older systems because they're slim and much quieter than older drives (and because I get them for free). 10GB is more than enough for an internet/office box.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    If you know anyone that does XBOX hd upgrades, you could probably get the 10GB seagate drives from them for cheap. I use them all the time for upgrading older systems because they're slim and much quieter than older drives (and because I get them for free). 10GB is more than enough for an internet/office box.
    You know anywhere exactly to look for these things? My sister is building one to surf the net and mud with (yes I know how gay that is, and I tell her). That would be great for her.