Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

1. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    And damn, they did canceled Hawaii .
    Hawaii Five-O?!? Dude, that's been off the air for a long time!

...or were you talking about Baywatch Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    The show has promise, but I have a feeling they'll drag it on for far too long and it won't last another season.
    I know, I'm surprised it's not a mini series. What could they possibly do to keep the tension series after series without wearing people out... or turning into Gilligan's Island?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. No, There was new cop action drama set on Hawaii. Kinda like Nash Bridges. I liked it but alas

3. Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousRacerC
    Another reference I could make to the source material is that I want to crush Chronicle's head with a rock.

Edit: The point is that I haven't watched it and it's been done before.
    Ummm, Lord of the Flies?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly
    I know, I'm surprised it's not a mini series. What could they possibly do to keep the tension series after series without wearing people out... or turning into Gilligan's Island?
    Well, I don't know how much you know about the show, but each episode takes place in at most one to two days, so a full 22 eps. season would only amount to 44 days in the story. Depending on where they plan on taking the story, they could take it at their leisure. They also plan on showing a lot of flashbacks (as they have been) about the survivor's lives pre-crash, and show how they all might be tied together in ways unbeknowest to them. As if the survivors weren't just random, but predestined.

There are a whole buncha theories about the show too, like they aren't alive, but dead, and in a sort of purgatory, where their fears are manifested on the island, like that giant monster thing, which I hope isn't the case, as that kinda makes the show seem like a cop-out. Or this one that this whole thing was the dream or illusion of a passenger, and that they're dreaming or seeing all this right before the inevitable plane crash.

I don't believe either, and hope they're not true. I think it'd be much more interesting if this all was truth.

I missed a few eps., so I'll have to catch up but this show, Jack and Bobby, Kevin Hill and Entourage are my favorite shows this season, along with Dead Like Me and Smallville.

5. either one of those theories would suck. but im convinced whatever it ends up being will suck. that way im not disappointed.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SonofdonCD
    There are a whole buncha theories about the show too, like they aren't alive, but dead, and in a sort of purgatory, where their fears are manifested on the island, like that giant monster thing, which I hope isn't the case, as that kinda makes the show seem like a cop-out. Or this one that this whole thing was the dream or illusion of a passenger, and that they're dreaming or seeing all this right before the inevitable plane crash.
    I haven't heard of any of those theories, but those seem like the easy way to answer all the questions. With the type of story the writers have given us, my expectations are really high for a good ending to this show.

I can't imagine it carrying on longer than a season, unless the writers keep coming up ways to keep the audience interested with new and fresh plots, or new developments in the story.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SonofdonCD
    They also plan on showing a lot of flashbacks (as they have been) about the survivor's lives pre-crash...
    I have caught every episode. I hope when they show Hurley's flashback it's some everyday shit ...eating fruit loops, listening to Fat Joe on his iPod, going to the skate park.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Tonight's episode was very interesting. We got to see Sun's flashbacks which showed how she and Jin got married and lived life. What I thought was interesting was that he was maybe murdering people for Sun's father. I quickly tried to make a connection thinking maybe he killed Jack's father, but they were in different locations. Anyways, we also got to see Locke and Charlie communicate, which added to more hints. Hints to what? I don't know, but it seems like every time Locke opens his mouth he says something with a hidden message.

As for Jin fighting with Michael, which looked monstrous might I add, I really thought Jin did it becase he saw Sun (his wife) while she was bathing, but it ended up being for that watch. I liked how that concluded with Sun revealing that she knows how to speak English, and she explained with Michael what had happened.

I really, really felt sorry for Sun when it came down to making that decision on whether to leave her husband or not, and then Jin busts out the flower which clinched of her choice to go with him. That was the second most emotional scene in the series so far (first being Locke's legs being paralyzed and then magically his legs being fine after the crash) and it got me to like them, but before I really thought they were just a nuisance.

Jack seems like he thinks they will live on the island forever. Going into the forest is bound to cause problems as it showed in the preview, so I really can't see them staying in that cave very long. Speaking of the cave, we got to see "Adam and Eve." Locke adds so much more to this show with his remarks. It'll be interesting to see if the writers will work with this "Adam and Eve" remark or if they'll leave it alone.

Overall, a great episode, and like always, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next, but it seems like more questions are being asked then answered, so sooner or later we need some answers. Did anyone else notice Clarie, Boone, and Shannon weren't in tonight's episode? I found that strange, they needed some exposure tonight. They could of been used when it came down to deciding whether to leave for the caves or stay.

9. I had to work late, so I missed this episode. Hopefully, they'll have an encore on Saturday, like they did last weekend.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I had to work late, so I missed this episode. Hopefully, they'll have an encore on Saturday, like they did last weekend.
    I think they've always had encores on the Saturday of that week for that episode, so you'll get to see it.