Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 919212223

Thread: Worst. Purchase. Ever.

1. For all of the stuff I have paid full price (or near full price) for, I would have to say taking the GBC over the NGPC was the worst. As far as individual games go...hmm, nothing really stands out as being super bad (or worse than the rest, anyway). Maybe Extreme G3 for GC. I bought a bundle at EB and they were out of SSBM, so that was my third game.

I like Myst.

2. my absolute worst purchase was fairly recent, spikeout for the xbox. God that game is bad, but i got greedy and heard everyone here talking about how much money id make on ebay. maybe if i would have bought it and sold it at a loss id be less scarred. but i tried to play it, it was interesting to play a game worse than reign of fire, but to have payed 30 bucks for it was especially painful.

im also not entirely feeling gettignt he rage of the wookies expansion for swg, adn resigning up for swg in general. bug upon bug has been popping up lately and the game has become nearly unplayable. wether its the massive frame rate dives in unpopulated areas, the immortal enemies or the endless bugged quests that work correctly about 25 % of the time, not enjoying it.
    Last edited by frostwolf ex; 26 Jun 2005 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

3. my worst purchase most recently was Shin Megami tensei Digital Devil Saga.
    In a moment of "hardcore" relapse, I bought this game.
    Simple graphics, pokemon-esque enemies (to the point that I was embarrassed to have people at work see what I was playing), random encounters on par with Skies of Arcadia; it's all just so, so bad.
    I could have bought five copies of Tiger Woods DS, and half of a Sprung.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Half an hour? Was it that hideous? The PC and Xbox versions don't look much better. Did you pick up one of those?
    It sure was. And while the PC and XBOX versions aren't a drastic difference, at least they sport smooth framerates and clean textures. Oh, and a draw distance that doesn't end at the length of your arm.

I haven't picked up the PC version yet but thats because I've been saving up and blowing too much money on roadtrips and stuff recently :X I plan on getting it sometime soon. I spent an hour or so with it at a friends place and it is the hotness.
    Play Guitar Hero //

5. Worst purchase ever - a ten-way tie between the shit I got last year at Circuit City. Those, and Road Trip: the Arcade Edition, and Unlimited Saga.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 27 Jun 2005 at 06:30 AM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. SaGa Frontier.

Though it's so amazingly inept that some enjoyment can be gotten just from making fun of it, I eventually got sick of that and sold it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    Sword of Sodan (Genesis): My god.. what a horrendous game. I can't believe I paid 40 bucks for this piece of shit back in 1990. I was totally fooled by the back of the box with its large "detailed" characters, the blood, the decapitations..etc. The game is so beyond bad with ZERO music (the first stage alone just has birds chirping.. KILLING PEOPLE WHILE BIRDS CHIRP!), horrible control and dammit.. it was all bad. You actually had to hold down "B" and a direction to change directions. ugh.. I was 14 at the time and just didn't know any better.
    We used to worship Sword of Sodan on the Commodore Amiga. The dev's were some of the first Danes to code an international selling game.
    Back then I liked it, but in retrospect it is pretty bad.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."