Thread: Mortal Kombat: Deception

1. Mortal Kombat: Deception

Surprisingly, there was no MKD thread here yet. The gaming discussion thread is huge, so I figure everyone who wants to versus online can make themselves known here.

I'm on pretty frequently myself, but I'm western time. I've been sending invites out, but I think most I see are still busy unlocking, or just don't notice.

2. I seen you invite me today but I was playing Crapquest. I finally did accept your invite but your game was no longer available. I'd just get my ass kicked anyways.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Okay, I'm not sure how people manage to get together online in this game without a lobby system. At least, not without setting it up ahead of time. Is there some way to send voice messages from within the game, or do you have to go back out to the dashboard every time?

4. You guys suck.

This game sucks. Sorry. Maybe when I have less on my plate. Juggling about 9 new purchases and it looks like there won't be any free time for months. This is already on the back shelf. I'll tell my brother to IM you or something when he plays.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Well, too bad for all you suckerheads. After almost 700 matches (~500/200) in straight Kombat alone, I think I'm done with this game and moving on to DOAU. It's getting hard to find a game because no one will join my games, and they always reject my challenges. It's not like I'm at the top of the chain either, although most guys with better scores just rack wins of their noob brother or something. Despite all the excitement in the MKD thread, I didn't play a single TNLer online...disappointing.

Still, if anyone wants to see how the game was meant to be played, I'll probably be online for the next couple days, since DOAU probably won't show up until the 28th. Just prepare to be wasted though.
    Last edited by FuryFox; 25 Oct 2004 at 06:04 PM.

7. I haven't played a match on live yet..though I have played a couple of the puzzle kombat matches. I'll try to be online more

You move on too quickly. My brother and I have played a paltry few matches online, and I think we're 1-9. Awesome. I don't like it enough to practice, or learn any combos, so yeah, I'm going to get schooled.

Scorpion rules though. Too bad everyone plays Ermac or Baraka.

9. Everyone is going to be playing DOA and Halo 2 very soon. I've played about 800 matches now, and it's just getting annoying. I'll probably hold onto the game, since I bothered to unlock everthing and maybe something cool will happen in the future, but I really think MKD has had its 15 minutes of fame (although, it's more like 20 since DOA keeps getting pushed back).

ps: Actually, everyone plays Scorpion. -and you better be ace with him, because any one good has seen just about everything you do with him like a million times. He's still a good character though, just so predictable.

He (scorpion) has a big lack of useful low attacks/combos. Nightwolf and Kobra (yuck I hate the man) seem like characters I could really start using, but Kobra's reverse shadow punch misses 1/2 the time. His Kali sticks are great though, once you get used to them.