Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stand Alone Complex

1. Quote Originally Posted by toby
    The main character doesn't have to die. The only shows that needed the main character to die to effectively wrap up the anime was Ruroni Kenshin and Cowboy bebop.( The main characters both died.)
    Protip: Things like this need spoiler tags around them.
    Time for a change

2. Another thing about this show that bothers me is that the major has perfect camo. Unlike the Predator in which you could actually see him a little, the major just runs around completely invisible. This is another thing that makes her untouchable, it gives her too much of an advantage, especially considering that she's a super strong cyborg to begin with. The last episode they aired "YES" ended so anticlimatically, because instead of having a showdown with the assassain, the major just sneaks up behind her and grabs her while in stealth mode. So lame.

well the camo isn't perfect. Dust, rain, fog and shit like that effect it, and animals can smell through it.

Secondly, the god like status of the cyborgs in section 9 is part of the point the show is trying to make about the future.

Im liking it so far..I have all 5 DVD's that were released...but Im sitting around for the last 2 (I believe).

5. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    well the camo isn't perfect. Dust, rain, fog and shit like that effect it, and animals can smell through it.
    It's thermoptics; light refraction.

I was going to make a comment towards what Regus was looking for in the series, but then I realized the date of the posts.

6. Say what you had in mind, since this thing is still airing nightly on Adult Swim. Now that's its over I think the show was good, but had some bad flaws, mainly what I said about the major and her invulnerability.

7. I was just going to mention the episodes in which they got their asses beat while Section 9 was being brought down (yeah, everything worked out, but still). I liked how that worked since they are the most top-of-the-line technology around being a high-level government combat/infiltration organization, yet they still have the weakness of politics. In terms of physical strength they can't be beaten but they've had to make sacrifices before to save face on a media or internal government level.

I still haven't finished the series, been meaning to get around to that.

8. I really liked SAC..... 2nd gig is damn good too... especially at where it is now :O

Okay...so I couldn't wait for the rest of the eps to make it to DVD, so I downloaded the rest (still plan on buying them when they are released later this summer). Anyways, the story was great and it was VERY entertaining till the nice little tie-up ending...what the hell was that...

ah well...you cant win them all...

10. GITS:SAC

well from what I can gather from teh argument most people hate the invincible reputation they have.

Sure I can relate what you mean, from episode 5 (I think) she stops a giant cyborg from crushing her!!!!

But then again they do fail where physical strength can't make a differenece.

The mentioned earlier of the episode of the mental clinic is one of the few they lost.

Another would be where they suppose to protect someone but the person is... I'll leave that unsaid.

But the series do raise a few questions regarding the Major and Batou, the last episode on volume 5 raise a hell of a question for me when a picture was brought out from Batou wallet... but I guess it'll never be answered...

Anyway as for killing off someone... they kind of god rid of something.

The showdown kind of thing isn't highly wanted nowdays.. I think.

anyway I think the series is more pointing to how technology is progressing.

The series tries to give some point they trying to get accross but sometime it don't get accross...

oh well thats my two cent of a rant