Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Stand Alone Complex

1. I've been watching this for the first time in the past couple of days.

I just finished episode 25. I cried when the Tachikomas sacrificed themselves.

And the Major got killed.

I'll watch 26 tonight.
    Last edited by ∀ Narayan; 12 Jul 2005 at 01:32 PM.

So has anyone started to watch second GIG. I just picked up the first DVD today...

3. There's a second second season? I completely forgot how much I've watched so far...I think I watched all of the first 26 episodes.

Yeah man...there is a second season...so far its been great...I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but you need to see it...

Its a totally different feeling this time around...

5. I just finished the last 3 episodes of the first season (I liked it) and now I'm on to season two. Need to check out the movie too.

6. WISE FWOM YOUR GRAVE -

Well, I honestly dont watch a whole lot of anime, but Qued this up for the Netflix/360,and have thoroughly dug the fuck out of it.Way better than what I remember of the movie. Kind of surprised by the deeper and sometimes hard to follow story, especially concerning the Laughing Man. The action when its there is pretty good, but the show definitely leans on its self-contained or not story and its interesting team of characters. About halfway through the 2nd GIG now and it doesnt dissappoint either.

The only thing thats starting to slightly annoy me about one of the members of the team is Togusa (the non cyborg with the family). He seems to consistently not know what the fuck cyborgs are capable of throughout the 1st and in the 2nd Season. "You mean the fake arm the cyborg assassin left behind is a bomb?! That refugee cyborg girl had a bomb in her stomach with a trigger attached to her teeth?! That rapist cyborg that doesnt feel pain can still wrench its arm at an impossible angle an shoot this innocent girl in the head, an arm thats been shot to hell at the joint?!" Poor Togusa. I guess its just to show that while he's an old school more practical detective, he's kind of backwater and a noob onthe tech in this time.

Oh, and one question for those that have seen it and remember wtf Im talking about. But at the end of the 1st Season - when the Major was impersonating Laughing Man? The next episode it was leaked and shit started going downhill for the team then on. Was it ever revealed who the inside person was who leaked the op to the press? Dont ever remember them touching on that...

But, yeah, sorry for the thread ressurection, this show just rocks...

Is this team working on a third season by chance?

tachikomas rock, and fuchikomas

8. They're alright. Their cutesty anime voices kind of annoy me, but they do some funny shit every once in awhile.

9. Oh Yeah!

I've got to say, I don't think they ever touch on who ratted the team out, I guess because the team never had the time to actually find out. Just finished re-watching the series... again.

Did anyone finish the 2nd gig? Should have by now, but was anyone else as disappointed with the ending as I was?

Spoiler: Not that I really have to mention that. Hopefully everyone's already seen the first season, but just in case you haven't, pass this paragraph. So what do you think of the "Stand Alone Complex"? Do you think it actually holds water? Even when the Major and Laughing Man were discussing it in the last episode, it still doesn't seem right. If the creator of the e-mail had intentions of making a change via e-mail about the whole cybernetic sclerosis, then he had to be the original Laughing Man. He just doesn't know that he somehow caused the flow of events for the awakening of that first aired incident where a Laughing Man appears. A change wanted to be made in that e-mail, and it was Aoi who put forward a more actualized change than the e-mailer. For a Stand Alone Complex to work, it has to be an event occuring where there thought to be an originator where no originator of the event exists to bring about more events. Shouldn't it be that someone thought a person did something and followed, when it wasn't the case?

Finally, I had a question: Aoi quotes Doisneau... from where? I want to read that book, but I can't unless I read all his works, which I would not want to do. Can anyone help me here?