Thread: Online Gaming and Connection Speeds

1. Online Gaming and Connection Speeds

Okay, I know that you should use a direct connection from your modem and your PC, PS2, XBOX, etc and not use a router. Is there anything else that one can do to help connection speed for online games?

Someone yacking away on Live (Star Wars Battlefield) mentioned getting a "booster" for his connection. Assuming he wasn't full of shit- would this be a device like a TV signal booster?

Anything else?

2. I like to reset my modem before signing on to play.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

3. That's what I try and do, just to make sure it doesn't konk out during play.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

LOL Guest
    A router does nothing bad for you.

A booster is probably those new routers that promise a 33% boost of performance somehow. I don't know anything about the technology.

5. A few months back, my computer was unable to get online. The cable guy determined that it was "low power" because they reduced the voltage or some crap that was going into the house. He advised me to not use a split on the cable from the wall.

Based on that, I guess a booster might just boost the signal strength...

6. I use a D-Link DI-604 and never have a problem with connection speeds between my Xbox or PC. Are you experessing an overload of lag in any game besides Starwars: Battlefront, which seems to be laggy no matter how good your connection is?

Quote Originally Posted by Geen
    I use a D-Link DI-604
    Which just crapped out on me.
    Was a piece of shit that router was during its lifespan.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Which just crapped out on me.
    Was a piece of shit that router was during its lifespan.
    It's been serving me pretty well. Sorry to hear it crapped out on you.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    A few months back, my computer was unable to get online. The cable guy determined that it was "low power" because they reduced the voltage or some crap that was going into the house. He advised me to not use a split on the cable from the wall.

Based on that, I guess a booster might just boost the signal strength...
    SLBSTM.