View Poll Results: Which new portable will you buy in the next year?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nintendo DS: Two is always better than one!

15 28.85%
  • Sony PSP: I want my portable to make cookies too!

5 9.62%
  • Both: I have money to burn!

11 21.15%
  • Neither: I have my inflatable doll. I don't need any more portable entertainment!

14 26.92%
  • Undecided: I'm a fence riding pussy.

7 13.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unofficial TNL Election Day Poll

1. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    I'm still amused by how many of the same people who blasted the GBA for being a portable SNES are in love with the PSP...when its little more than just a portable PS2.

At least the DS is something different.
    I would take portable graphics of PS2 over portable graphics of SNES

2. Two Words: Animal Crossing
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. Hit me up with a Kasumi doll.

4. I'm going with the DS. I want that one first. There are already about 6-7 games lined up that I want to play, and more that are announced. It's $150, which isn't a killer. The touch-screen gimmick, yes, sounds neat. So does wi-fi. In addition, I've liked the GBA since it was released in 2001, and still do. I basically trust that I'll like the DS as well.

The PSP I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I'm not ruling out getting one, and the $199-ish price point makes getting one realistic, though I'd probably wait until a price drop. The current game lineup doesn't have me overly enthusiastic, though. The only thing that I'm really curious about playing is Metal Gear Acid, and nothing else really registers. Several of the games are technically impressive, though I'm not sure they're the type of games I'd want to play on a handheld - on a 30 minute train ride, for instance - in most situations I use my GBA.

The one factor I'm unsure about on both systems is: will I even like playing 3D games on a handheld system? 3D gaming suits consoles well, but do I really want to deal with depth-of-field and camera control issues on the small screen? The result could be as nauseating as the Virtual Boy. We'll see.

Then again, there should be a healthy amount of 2D games for both. Espically if 3D gaming on handhelds doesn't take off with the public as quickly as estimated.

5. DS, easily. That's assuming I can see the screens easily with this bifocal lens though.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Neithaaaa, barring large price cuts.

7. Me llamo "undecided pussy" :P

8. Well, let's see. I can get a DS and a bunch of quirky titles that'll last me five minutes... or a PSP and a bunch of games that are already available for PSX/PS2. Hmm.

Neither, they both look worthless.

9. this round of handhelds is going to suck