Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for improving the TNL forums

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I actually had the idea of a probational period for new members.

Basically, for the first three months of their membership they can be permabanned if the veterains are sick of them and vote on it. It protects the boards from members we don't want here, while at the same time allowing anyone that passes the three months to help shape the boards in the future.

Just a thought.
    No. Only if we can grandfather it in and get rid of you.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. The only real suggestion I think would work is for everybody to quit thinking they're king shit of the toilet mountain and flaming everybody else's posts for lack of any reason other than "I don't like poster X", "poster X has a differing opinion than mine he is wrong and I will e-fight him", or "poster X is new lol stfu noob <flood of images that aren't funny>". This would greatly improve the forums.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    The only real suggestion I think would work is for everybody to quit thinking they're king shit of the toilet mountain and flaming everybody else's posts for lack of any reason other than "I don't like poster X", "poster X has a differing opinion than mine he is wrong and I will e-fight him", or "poster X is new lol stfu noob <flood of images that aren't funny>". This would greatly improve the forums.
    I think a 100 character minimum in posts is a great idea.

Give me utter control over every aspect of who stays and who goes.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I think we should make Mzo our king. He proved in that other thread in Sound Off that he can easily make Executive desicions that represent Justice.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 05 Nov 2004 at 03:44 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    So do I, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    Eew. I don't.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Yeah, it's a terrible idea. I cannot for the life of me see the reason to make people pad their posts just to try and keep them from posting blank or "STFU".
    Time for a change

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I actually had the idea of a probational period for new members.

Basically, for the first three months of their membership they can be permabanned if the veterains are sick of them and vote on it. It protects the boards from members we don't want here, while at the same time allowing anyone that passes the three months to help shape the boards in the future.

Just a thought.
    It's a good idea in theory, but will probably end up bothersome in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    No. Only if we can grandfather it in and get rid of you.
    Only if we start the voting from the very begining and get rid of you before you became the worst troll/mod TNL has ever seen.