Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: GameSpot, IGN Halo 2 reviews

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    There's a difference between Goldeneye and any of those games I mentioned. At the time, Quake 2 was the PC shooter of choice. And it made me laugh to hear anyone compare GE favorably to Q2 on the multiplayer front. Even if most don;t agree with me, you could still make a case for those games right now.

The only reason I might rather play H2 now is because it's new. After that, I'm sure I'd revert back to any of those games. But that's me.
    Honestly I feel Quake 1 has aged better than 2. It was not only much more of a landmark title, but the setting, style, and level design were much better. But I'd take either over Goldeneye. Duke 3D, too.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    They dont give out GOTY awards based on sales, and the game certainly didnt win any of those sales awards. It flopped, and so did NOLF2.
    For a game that sold so shitty, it debuted at #6 on the NPD sales charts, which is tough competition considering half the charts were dominated by either Simcity games, Sims games, or Warcraft 3 or Unreal Tournament.

It far from flopped, so I don't know why you assume it did. The only NOLF game to ever fail sales wise is Project Jack.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)