Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animation schools?

1. So you're a visual effects guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    So you're a visual effects guy?
    3d Animator

my reel is kinda diversed I may cut it down though we'll see when I finally edit the stuff from this movie into it

right now I have shit from the tv show I worked on, some stuff of my own some modeling and alot of traditional art work all on it
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Cool. i want to be an animator or visual effects guy eventually. How did you get into that industry?
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Cool. i want to be an animator or visual effects guy eventually. How did you get into that industry?

always wanted to be an artist it's all i did growing up was draw and stuff so I went to school for art, and the school i went to WAS in the top 3 in the country for 3d Animation when i applied and started there, and people were getting jobs all over the industry unfortanetly the second semester of my freshman year the entire 3D Department quite and we were left with 1 psycho and I had to teach my self Maya and animation and left with no fucking contacts in the industry

which is why i wish I made the descion to go to cal arts instead

it's an uphill battle, specially with alot of the entry level work in broadcast being done over seas, I can't tell you how many jobs have come down to me and 1 other person and I'll hear time and time again "We'll we like do your stuff more but we're going with the other guy cause he knows some one who knows the art director"

which is why any one i see who wants to go into animation I tell them, go some place like cal arts and just become best friends with everyone of your teachers
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. My animation teacher is head of the Philly Film Festival.

He's cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. Post some of your portfolio you bastards.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Post some of your portfolio you bastards.

when I get the stuff together to make my new reel I'll post it, right now my current one is like 2 years old it's up online but what ever
    Where I play

8. DO IT NOW NOT LATER

I also see no links in your profile or sig.

9. i saw Johnpv's demo reel. Its impressive stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa
    i saw Johnpv's demo reel. Its impressive stuff.

Thank you very much man
    Where I play