Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellsing

^_^ awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    hmmm, they do in the show too. As soon as she turns into a vampire, her boobs grow like 4 sizes. blood rushing or something...
    There really seems to be two distinct drawling philosophies in the show. Alucard, Ms. Hellsing, and Walter are all very tall and narrow with sharp angles. While Seras seems to get continually more curvy as the story goes on.

I guess it makes sense from a classical vampire standpoint. She is a female vampire, and nice size boobers always help in luring men to their death.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 09 Nov 2004 at 02:06 AM.

2. It's kind of a trend. Alucard gets more annoying (like by the end of the 6th volume he wasn't ZOMG TEH BEST CHARACTER EVAR!11!!!11 anymore), Integra gets less bitchy, Walter gets more evil, nazis start getting cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

T_T all my volume 7 dles are corupt.

zomg super Seras gundam backpack attack =D

4. Corrupt? wtf? oh well. hit me up on aim either late late tonight or tomorrow, I'll see if I can find the volume to send you.

5. I haven't read the manga. I liked the way the anime started, but it felt like it had left so much potential unfulfilled by the end. None of the characters really grew, especially the one I wanted to see grow the most, Seras (bust size notwithstanding). By the end of the series, she was only slightly more at ease with her new identity and was still completely unfamiliar with any of her new abilities. Do the characters develop more in the manga?

Best intermission quote ever, after the episode where the brothers attack the mansion: "There's something on your head." "Oh yeah? Well, you're on fire!"
    Stay down!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Hellsing has a good dub, in fact, it's about the only series I have ever seen that had a good dub. It is almost better than the japanese version except that Crispin Freeman (Alucard's english VA) gets on my nerves.
    I really liked Alucard's Japanese voice actor better; he sounded much more evil. I usually love Crispin Freeman's dub work, I absolutly loved him as Touga in Utena. He has a smooth sexy voice and is pretty hot IRL.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomb

Best intermission quote ever, after the episode where the brothers attack the mansion: "There's something on your head." "Oh yeah? Well, you're on fire!"

HAHAHA
    That's like the best part of the series, right there. Valentine Bros. rock.

animegirl- I ditto the "loved him as Touga" sentiment. In fact, the dub of Utena is way better than the japanese version. Well, at least the first season. I haven't heard the dub of the Black Rose Saga (I watched these back in 8th grade....loooong before they hit anywhere near america) I'm deathly curious how they made Mikage and Mamiya sound in the dub, because I am an evil bastard.

However, having heard Mr. Freeman in the Utena dub first, all I can hear Alucard as is Touga =/ So it just kinda gets on my nerves, and he sounds wayyyyy too stressed on certain occasions. Everyone else is top notch though, especially Integra. (I am going to use this thread as an outlet to gush about Integra constantly.)

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    HAHAHA
    That's like the best part of the series, right there. Valentine Bros. rock.

animegirl- I ditto the "loved him as Touga" sentiment. In fact, the dub of Utena is way better than the japanese version. Well, at least the first season. I haven't heard the dub of the Black Rose Saga (I watched these back in 8th grade....loooong before they hit anywhere near america) I'm deathly curious how they made Mikage and Mamiya sound in the dub, because I am an evil bastard.

However, having heard Mr. Freeman in the Utena dub first, all I can hear Alucard as is Touga =/ So it just kinda gets on my nerves, and he sounds wayyyyy too stressed on certain occasions. Everyone else is top notch though, especially Integra. (I am going to use this thread as an outlet to gush about Integra constantly.)
    The dub for Utena is great through the whole series including the movie. I had the crappy ass VHS fan subs forever but I finally bought the DVD boxset of the entire series. It might be time to watch it again! The only series I have watched as much as Utena is Fushigi Yuugi. I guess I like those girly-boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomb
    I haven't read the manga. I liked the way the anime started, but it felt like it had left so much potential unfulfilled by the end. None of the characters really grew, especially the one I wanted to see grow the most, Seras (bust size notwithstanding). By the end of the series, she was only slightly more at ease with her new identity and was still completely unfamiliar with any of her new abilities. Do the characters develop more in the manga?
    Well that is becuase they pretty much cut the anime off at the second manga book, added in some random shit battles, then ended the show.

By the 5th or 6th book she is doing some pretty bad ass shit by herself.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 09 Nov 2004 at 10:08 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    By the 5th or 6th book she is doing some pretty bad ass shit by herself.
    Then I shall have to check them out. Nice animated gif in your sig, except... Seras can't have that gun AND have blue eyes at the same time, can she?
    Stay down!