Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime releases that were supposed to have happened...

1. Anime releases that were supposed to have happened...

Anime releases that were supposed to have happened but did not:

Robot Carnival - originally announced in 2001 by Super Techno Arts, it's dvd release has been put on hiatus for 5 years already and still no sign of an imminent release. Despite all the uncertainty over the years, Super Techno Arts still remain certain it will be released eventually.

Angel's Egg - another announced in 2001 by Anchor Bay, it's release never materialised with details never been give to why. This has caused many fans to assume it is now once again an unlicensed property.

SPT Layzner - was yet another show licensed in 2001 by Bandai Entertainment this time. Bandai had translated scripts for all 38 episodes however they recieved damaged blue tinted masters. Bandai were unable to aquire replacements off Sunrise and the license eventually elapsed in 2005.

Dirty Pair TV - the ova's, movies and it's sequel series 'Flash' have all been released on dvd by ADV. However the original series which started off the franchise back in 1985 still remains unlicensed. ADV have in the past expressed keen interest and most fans expected them to announce it already but nothing as of yet.

However fans should not give up hope just yet since many shows that were written off have since been given a release. This includes Area 88 OVA (acts II and III), Here is Greenwood, Giant Robo and the upcoming release of Gunbuster. Please feel free to expand or debate anything i've already said as well as adding titles i may have missed.

I'm waiting patiently for Original Dirty Pair TV.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    It took STA 2 years to release all 6 Jojo DVDs.

Just buy a RC boot.
    Speaking of which, wasn't someone supposed to release the OAVs here at one point?

4. Oh, okay, the mid-90's one is included in that? I thought that was a semi-recent TV series or something.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Oh, okay, the mid-90's one is included in that? I thought that was a semi-recent TV series or something.
    Yes, the 90's version is included in volumes 4-6 while the newer version is in volumes 1-3 of the dvd release here in the US.

The 90's version from 93-94 is vastly superior the newer remake however you can get all the volumes for completist sake.

6. It's not a remake.

The early 90's series encompassed the end of the Egypt journey, while the newer one covers the beginning of the 3rd Generation up until D'arby.

Altogether, it covers the majority of that generation of Jojo, though it lacks quite a few Stand users.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mcarocks2003 View Post
    Giant Robo
    i picked up the Giant Robo Perfect Collection at Best Buy for $19 last week. doesn't come in that swank plastic eye, but getting all 4 dvds (3 for the series, 1 for the Ginrei episodes) at that price was a no brainer.

this is actually going to be my first time watching, too. i've always been interested since when i first saw it on LD, but i don't know why i never bought it then. *shrugs*

The rest of I'm Gonna be an Angel
    I took all your French Toast.